Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

A question about RekordBox functionality...

This may already be an answered question so apologies if it is, I love that rekordbox scans and analyses your tracks.

However the way that I organize my music collection is in folder structure per month per year.

For Example I have a folder called 2012, in this folder I have 12 folders one for each month, Jan/Feb/March etc.

I like to organize like this so I know whats current and what I got when etc, its an old habit that I got from when I switched to the 2000s, now im on the 2000 Nexus and want full waveforms etc.

My question is, is there a way to retain this folder structure but still have all my media scanned in RekordBox so i can obtain full waveforms, BPMs, Keys etc but still be able to have my folder levels, then just individual tracks.Or if anyone knows of a qwirky recordbox work around that's similar?

Thanks.

Nick EnCee

EnCee

Please sign in to leave a comment.

14 comments

yes, in RB, Create a folders named the way you like and then create a playlist as the final area to drop the tracks in, I have attached a pic of how I do this with all my Promo Only tracks

BriChi 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Ok I see what you did there, however, what if theres folders in folders, Like in 2012, then October, then a folder called "EP 1" for example then in that folder I have 4 tracks?  Just create another playlist in that playlist or?

EnCee 0 votes

well if EP1 has the 4 tracks, that should be your playlist, not folder  so create folder "2012", right click 2012 and create folder called October, right click October and create a playlist called EP 1

BriChi 0 votes

no, you cannot do that but you can save folders within folders and make sure the "playlist" is the last in the tree

BriChi 0 votes

Or your just creating folders then creating playlists for each individual "folder" if you know what i mean so it retains the structure.

EnCee 0 votes

right, I think I understand what you mean, that should be the answer, For instance I download weekly promo only tracks so i create a folder structure in rb like this

promo only/2012/october then off october I create 4 playlists named week1 2 3 4

BriChi 0 votes

Gotcha! :) That's really helpful buddy, though doing 4 years worth of music is gonna be a chore! :)

EnCee 0 votes

I attached one more pic below just to show it more clear, you can see I did folder/folder/folder and then 4 playlists

BriChi 0 votes

yeah, I had many many years I did, lol.. I had it all done in Serato though so it was a little easier to make the transition

BriChi 0 votes

Yeah I think the first one you did is how i'd need it, thanks for clearing this up mate really appreciate it. Really wanted to take advantage of the 2000 Nexus and now I can your a star mate :)

EnCee 0 votes