Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

MIK 5.5 Energy scale

new feature in MIK 5.5. energy scale........ goes from 1 - 10,

can anyone from pioneer comment on if a future release of rekordbox will support this?

**users who have bought MIK 5 can download a beta release, see MIK's FB page**

Zeus Tunage

Please sign in to leave a comment.

11 comments

I use MIK but i rather not test it right now. im riding on a short stick on using Mountain with systems that aren't support on it but I have a question to ask you.  Where is the value "Energy" saved?  Along with the camelot? or somewhere else?

Painless Wolf 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

This would be great if it could be integrated to automatically set track 'colour' in RB! Possible feature in an update once MIK officially release 5.5?

Brett Priest 0 votes

@wolf MIK hasnt fully released 5.5 yet, so you cant write it into comments yet.  The full 5.5 release will give you the option to write the energy value. Id be happy if the gave you the option to write to intial key like 10A - 7 but i think they have coded the intial key as 3 numbers only. i can see them writing the energy value to comments for RB

Zeus Tunage 0 votes

Could you use the rating tag or use the colour tag to rate the 'energy' of tracks?

Gavin 0 votes

ye I think colour is the best option, and you would be able to do manually in RB after its been analysed in MIK 5.5

it would be nice if it could automatically update the track colour once its imported and analysed in RB (maybe its got to be done in the MIK software with a bit of co-operation from pioneer?)

Brett Priest 0 votes

The problem that would occur here is that people use the Colour Tag for whatever purpose they deem fit (e.g. I might assign all my Irish tracks in Green Colour and all my American Country tags in Red). Assigning it as an 'Energy' rating only would lock down the function so that probably won't happen.

Gavin 0 votes

maybe a tickbox in the options, 'use colour tag for MIK Energy Scale (on import)'? :P

Brett Priest 0 votes

Oh now you're just pushing your luck :P

Look, I'll put it forward as a suggestion at the very least. Pioneer may come up with their own version of Energy Meter or something, who knows?!

Gavin 0 votes

haha i know :D

if only it was that easy to get what you want into software lol

thanks for forwarding the idea, maybe it'l come later if theres more demand from more than just me haha

you don't ask you don't get...

Brett Priest 0 votes

Hey we're here to represent the needs and wants of you guys. Ultimately, we have to make a decision too on what we should actually forward to the engineers - if we were in the position of having limitless engineers with limitless time constraints then we'd ask to implement everything but thats not possible.

Gavin 0 votes