Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

7 followers Follow

rekordbox v2.0.2 crashes all the time!

Hi there

The new rekordbox starts to piss me off, really! My rekordbox (v2.0.2) crashes all the time! especially when i want to export my tracks to a USB-device. I want version 2.0.1 back or an update! IMMEDIATELY!!

My specs:

MacBook Pro (Fall 2008)OS 10.8.2

RAM: 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

CPU: 2.93 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo 

USB:

Patriot Memory

32 GB USB3

Format: Mac OS Extended (Journaled)

You can find the crash log in the attachment. I need help asap! :(

Benjamin Eberenz

Please sign in to leave a comment.

18 comments

I had the same problem and as Pioneer refuses to resolve it or provide v2.0.1 again, I thinkered around a bit and the following fixed it for me (don't ask me why):

1. Reinstalled Rekordbox 2.0.2 (drag old to Trash and then install again)
  2. I converted all the songs in my playlist to MP3 (some where ACC or "Purchsed ACC Audio File"
  3. Reimported (from iTunes using Bridge) into Rekordbox
  4. Obviously had to set the Cue Points again

Now all transferred without any problems.

Try it! If it works for you, post here so others can try as well.

Cheers,

Roberto

Roberto LR 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Hi Roberto

Thanks for your answer, but unfortunately this is not an option, because my library is about 12 GB big (all 320kbps MP3's) with cue points and loops set.

So i don't really want to do all the work again! This would take about 3-4 days of my time! I hope there is another solution as well! :-/

Benjamin Eberenz 0 votes

Hi Benjamin,

The Cue's only have to be reset for the files that you convert to MP3 (if applicable). In my case, about 5 files.If all your files are MP3, then I guess the issue lies somewhere else. Somebody posted another solution in another thread. Something about copying files, playlist by playlist

Roberto

Roberto LR 0 votes

I already tried that too! I know the problem lies somewhere else, that's why i attached the crash log! ;-)

But thanks anyway. :-)

Benjamin Eberenz 0 votes

Surely the point is that PIONEER should be doing something to set this right....and just aren't......

David Dunne 0 votes

<EDIT> You are not authorized to distribute copyrighted materials. </EDIT>

TheOne 0 votes

Thanks for the above link.

Jeeeesus Pioneer, you really are doing almost everything possible to piss off your customers. Not sure how long, as a business, this can be sustained.

I would guess you don't develop the software in house, but you gotta get a hold of your user acceptance testing. It's almost as if there is none??

I use RB and sticks for backups, thankfully still using Traktor.

Alex McDonald 0 votes

That was a good TheOne. Pioneer should be able to release older versions..

<EDIT> You are not authorized to distribute copyrighted materials. </EDIT>

Fredrik F 0 votes

I will now take away my link for downloading old versions of RB.

I hope it helped someone .

Fredrik F 0 votes

@Benjamin > What is the process you're attempting when the crash occurs?  Are you exporting songs to the external collection or are you exporting a playlist?

Pulse 0 votes

Hi Pulse

I tested v2.0.2.9 a little more detailed and got crashes by the following actions:

exporting the followed files to an external thumbdrive (USB3) using the "export" button in the drop down-menu (after rightclick) as well as exporting via drag & drop:

• export all playlists at once
  • export a single playlist
  • export collection
  • export a single track
  • export a single playlist (tracks are already exported to the stick one by one)

so it basically crashes if you try to export something to a USB-stick. It doesn't really matter what exactly you want to export, it crashes...

could you please give me an option to do a rollback to v2.0.1? I would need it immediately!

Benjamin Eberenz 0 votes

Pulse, PLEASE can you at least explain Pioneer's reluctance to give users a download for the previous version of Rekordbox? I really am getting exasperated by the lack of help for users. This is now a full week since the update and we all face another weekend of not being able to use or rely on Rekordbox. I have two gigs this weekend, and there is absolutely no way I can use your software. Seriously...WHY no download of the previous  version whilst you sort the new one out?

David Dunne 0 votes

Another vote for version 2.0.1! I don't see the point of "helping" case by case as a lot of users are having problems with this version!

Goonz 0 votes

try reformatting the usb (do it twice) and re-export again.  I've made it a practice to reformat almost everytime i add tracks.  It might take a bit but I have no problems even with a large library.  

I think even minimal corruption mucks up the process of exporting. USB drives get corrupted easily, and plugging and unplugging them can cause problems even if it looks like they're fine.

jamboe 0 votes

@jamboe: The USB drives are brand-new and worked absolutely fine with v2.0.1! Anyway i already tried it after reformatting the thumb drives up to 20 times, still no success! And because of the error report and the crash log from OS X i know the problem is not the thumb drive, its rekordbox! And i'm 100% sure about that!

Jesus! Why can't Pioneer be as userfriendly as other manufacturers? Just admit you did something wrong, apologize, give a temporary option to do a rollback and do a rework on this buggy update! That can't be so hard! I'm really starting to lose my temper and i honestly have to say it takes much untill i get to that point!!

Benjamin Eberenz 0 votes

I've installed on my virtualized Windows 8 a new copy of RB 2.0.2 and it work without any issue. The bridge to iTunes is working and also the export to my USB drive. 

But i use on my mac the older version 2.0.1 - Safety first :) 

DVJ Mito 0 votes