Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

RB app issues

1. the "automatic load of hot cues" enable/disable setting does not work, I disabled the auto load because its so slow, yet they still auto load, also if i plug I connect the iPad back to RB to disable the auto load of that track, you cannot because you cant edit tracks from the iPad on the laptop, you have to make the change on the laptop track, delete it from the iPad and re-export, too much work and not worth it at this point 

2. the auto loading of hot cues is VERY slow, especially from the linked deck

3. still cant see an external device, the iPad app should see the usb drive plugged in like the Aero does

4. Make it for the iPad, the app has so much potential and the ipad has a bigger screen to add features to 

5. make the search better, in RB on my laptop i can search random words like  party pitbull and "don't stop the party" will appear, I cannot do this on the RB app for iphone

6. add a sort option on the app once you are in a playlist like you can from the decks

BriChi

Please sign in to leave a comment.

4 comments

1. app drains battery at ridiculous speeds even when not being used.

2. resolution of zoomed waveform is awful which makes setting accurate beatgrids impossible. needs to be improved in desktop version too.

Phil 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink
  1. absolutely, I complained in some other thread about that too

I just wish they would either

a. speed the app and link up, it's so slow, i jump back and forth from track to track and load times are slow

or

b. the external usb drive is so fast, just finally let the iPad read that drive so i can browse and search the USB drive tracks via the iPad

anything on this? it's amazing how useful this iPad app can be yet it's so slow and can barely be used live

BriChi 0 votes

Bri - re: #1, are you talking about the 'auto load of hot cues' in preferences or 'auto cue' in my settings? When I switch the latter off on my iOS, my tracks don't auto load. That said, I found I have to change that setting manually as 'my settings' don't automatically upload to my iOS from RB as they do to my USBs or SDs! Also, if I update a track in RB and need to upload those changes to my iOS, simply dragging the playlist it's in seems to do the trick (i.e., no need to delete and re-export) - works even faster than USB/SD in fact. I'm with you guys on 2-8 though (especially the sort function - you'd think it could even go beyond the relatively limited sort option on the CDJ, like displaying mult categories as in RB and dare I mention it, a multi-level sort?). Maybe now that Traktor is crushing it with their app Pio will step it up. PS I would gladly pay $19.99 (vis-a-vis Traktor) for a Pio app if it would help speed things up! It's a drop in the bucket against $10k in hardware!!!

Fox 0 votes

i'm talking about  'auto load of hot cues', in the iPhone/iPad app, you can go into settings and disable auto load of the ABC hot cues even though the tracks are set to auto load, I find to get the function I want I have to hit it twice, so if I want to disable them I have to hit disable, enable and then disable again and vice versa to enable

BriChi 0 votes