Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

6 followers Follow

Rekordbox mobile app connectivity via usb android device on cdj2000nexus

This just doesnt work tried with the following devices: galaxy s3, galaxy s2, evo 3d, galaxy tab 2, xoom 2 tab, dell streak 7 and galaxy note tab. All work fine over wifi but via usb no go.

onemoredj

Please sign in to leave a comment.

14 comments

I cannot get this to work either, even over wifi, just says poor signal and disconnects. I just got the Galaxy Tab 2 and no luck on wifi or usb

it seems you HAVE to have a wireless address that is not a default 169 with droids. I used a Netgear access point plugged right into the 2000Nexus, the apple devices connected and worked fine but the droid (surprise surprise) did not, because it wasnt get anything but a 169 it would not connect, once I fired up my apple airport and connected it all, this was now a 10. address and wirelessly everything worked great

still cant get it to connect over USB though, Only my Apple devices work on usb

BriChi 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

My Toshiba worked if the Wifi was turned on Via USB - though it was so slow - I just went back to USB and Sd

DJccccc 0 votes

brichi , can you give your droid a static adress ?

Or you can set your router to only give addresses in the . 10 range....

TheOne 0 votes

yes, I tried giving it an address range of the access point but no luck being it is only getting a default 169, once I use the apple router, even without internet, the address given in a 10, and the droid connects with no issues

I really wish the droids could connect via USB, but thats a whole new issue, lol

BriChi 0 votes

I have a Razor HD and to get it to work over USB I have to turn on debugging mode. hope this helps. 

Morgo 0 votes

I was looking more for a tablet with a full USB port for external drives without having to use adapters, I just ordered am Acer Iconia A210, quad core processor, Handles 4.1.1 and has a micro usb port which I am hoping can connect and work with the CDJ, I got it for $180 so I really have nothing to lose, if it doesn't work right i'll let my kid have it to throw around, lol

BriChi 0 votes

My AT300 works aswell !

I just dont trust it to use it without crashing ... that's not the Android's fault - its the rubbish reliability of the app !

DJccccc 0 votes

thanks DJc, I really dont trust the app yet either, especially since there hasnt been an update in 5-6months, it's like they forgot the app existed and dont want to fix the issues

I however DJ 99% of the party of a usb drive connected to the decks, I ONLY want the tablet to plug another drive into to search for a track quick if I need to, I guess this is my workaround for now being they dont let the app search a drive plugged into the Nexus. 

BriChi 0 votes

I just got the Acer A210, Nice fast tablet for the money. 

I plug in my usb drive with my playlists, connect wifi and everything works great. Do the same exact thing over USB and it connects and I can browse tracks from the tablet and the CDJ yet none of the tracks will load, just says "E-8302: CANNOT PLAY TRACK (7658)

this thing is so flaky i dont know how anyone could use this.

BriChi 0 votes