Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Rekordbox \ Library

Hello everyone,

First time poster, besides my CDJ-2000NXS set-up. not sure if this is the right place ot ask, but here it goes.

1) Better recomendation for an external drive...USB Powered or External Power

2) if i scan my 6000+ mp3 files with Rekordbox on my desktop, do i need to rescan with Rekordbox when i plug and play the external drive to my laptop?

3) Can i sort out my mp3's in Rekordbox by group such as; Dance, Progressive, House, etc....

All inputs are greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Daddy

Dj Sergio D

Please sign in to leave a comment.

3 comments

Hello.

1. I use a SDHC card on my CDJ-2000 NEXUS. It works 100% but a USB stick would work just fine ;-)

2. Do you have rekordbox on bouth desktop and laptop? I would recomend you to use only one of them. If you only got rekordbox on one of them and connect the drive to the other computer you dont have to rescan hven connect to rekordbox later.

3.Yes you can. You can sort out track name, artist, key, album, bpm, genre etc. That require that your mp3 tags are correct.

Stian Bjørn-Larsen 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Hi Stian,

Thank you for yje Heads up...But now this is what i face, even after reading Gavin post dated Nov 7. All files scanned completely on my external drive (L). when i cinnect the Hardrive to my Laptop, than i launch rekordbox, in the devices it see the Drive (L), but i cannot see any of my tracks. When i connect directly to the CDJ's, all the tracks come up. Did i miss something?

1) Both Desktop and Laptop, same version of Windows 7 Pr0 64bit.

2) Both desktop and Laptop, same Rekordbox Version and used the same key.

Thank you

Daddy

Dj Sergio D 0 votes

Hi Everyone,

Just a Heads up... All was figured out and resolved....Reading is good!!!!Reading...Reading...Reading...

Sergio

Dj Sergio D 0 votes