Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

7 followers Follow

Recommendations - Normalize Option & Paste Text Glitch & You Tube Tutorials Required

Hi,

Just a recommendation for future updates of Rekordbox:

1. A Normalize option. I have loads of different tunes in Rekordbox, some ripped from vinyl (quite quiet) and ones bought off the net (which are loud and clear). The normalize option could equal them all out to save problems when djing out. Could this be achievable?
  2. When you copy text (example: an artist name or title) and paste into the track (1) info (rather than typing it manually) it will paste successfully but when you click on another track (2), the writing on the previous track (1) then disappears? Can this glitch be looked at please?
  3. Any chance of some more You Tube Rekordbox video Tutorials please for the more advanced user explaining how to move over data from one computer to another, i.e moving playlists, tracks, folders, cues and loops. Also what the folders are in the Pioneer folder (USBANLZ, CONTENTS, ARTWORK etc.) and how we can use them to our advantage (easily linking these back to Rekordbox if things fatally crash) as these are not explained in the manual. Any advanced Tips & Tricks would also be beneficial.
  4. Export Playlists Information... It seems to save it as a xml file. The thing is if I go 'File / Import / Playlist it is looking for a m3u / pls / m3u8 file instead?

I noticed that there are plenty of Rekordbox Tutorials in French (19 of them) on You Tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_-jv1Bpc8M&list=PL719674EA075F243E

Be good to see more if thats ok?

Regards,

Matt Cooper

Matt Cooper

Please sign in to leave a comment.

10 comments

normalize would be nice, not every mixer has a pre-gain knob to adjust before live mixing

BriChi 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

i use mp3gain to normalise as it doesnt make a copy or deteriorate quality & its free,read this previous thread 

software to normalize MP3

T K P 0 votes

Cool, cheers T.K.P.

Would still be good to have as a feature incorporated within Rekordbox though to level up for when playing out.

Matt Cooper 0 votes

I agree, I dont like the mp3gain program, had an issue and read the same about ti distorting some tracks like crazy, would be nice if RB just did it when loading to decks similar to serato

BriChi 0 votes

i agree totally, any time saved from extra preparation is more time doing the good stuff.

T K P 0 votes

Normalize feature would be great!

+1 for Auto Gain in RB

Brian Sabella 0 votes

For normalize, you are better off using a professional quality audio editor like SoundForge or Peak.

Fuse Promote 0 votes

+1 but I will agree with anything that improves the mess RB is.

Justin time for some Hardstyle! 0 votes