Yes, I am having this issue too and was just about to create a post about it! In my collection, I have about 3500 songs. A lot of these songs are in multiple playlists for different uses, and when I go to export to USB the total songs to be transferred is about 7000! Extremely long transfer time aside, the main issue I'm running into now is running out of space on my 32 GB USB since it is transferring the same exact file multiple times. Something needs to be done about this if there isn't a fix already, please.
CONTENTS folder - Multiple copies of the same MP3 - Why?
- I have an MP3 (example Fatboy Slim - Drop The Hate) in a folder called BREAKS on my portable HDD.
- I then import the MP3 into REKORDBOX > COLLECTION
- Then create a playlist called NU SKOOL in REKORDBOX > PLAYLISTS tab and drag the MP3 from COLLECTION to the NU SKOOL playlist
- I also want a playlist called OLD SKOOL and want the same MP3 in this playlist, so I drag it from COLLECTION again, but this time to the OLD SKOOL playlist
- I now move these 2x playlists to DEVICES where my portable HDD is
With me so far? Right, now here's the issue...Now there is the original MP3 located in my BREAKS folder on my portable HDD, and 2x copies of the same MP3 in the CONTENTS folder on the portable HDD.
In other words, every time I want the same MP3 but in a multitude of different playlists, it creates another copy of the MP3 in the CONTENTS folder. In some cases I have ended up with 6 x the same MP3 in the CONTENTS folder just because I want it in different playlists. This is just an example of 1 MP3 tune. Now imagine that over 10,000+ tunes in my COLLECTION
Obviously this takes up a lot of memory on my HDD. Can REKORDBOX just not link (shortcut) to just 1 individual MP3 file for the multitude of playlists?
Hope this makes sense. If not let me know and I'll try to explain further :)
Please sign in to leave a comment.
yes , this is not good at all !!!
This needs to be fixed :/
I don't know if Gavin is aware of this issue ?
A short term fix for you maybe is to do what I do. I have a 500Gb External HDD then use the link cable from one CDJ to the other. The HDD (ADATA) I've got is shock proof and splash proof as well so ideal for those messy sessions in clubs/bars lol!
Although I still think this duplicating thing needs to be looked at by Pioneer. I'm not sure if other music software is the same but I can't image its that difficult to create a shortcut to the same mp3 rather than creating multiples.