Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 followers Follow

Rekordbox (v2) Pro DJ LINK and errors e-8302, e-8305 and e-8309

So, as per the request of one of the mods - @Gavin - reinstating the evidently common problem of the RB LINK crashing mid-set between the software and CDJs, and resulting in the above errors on the CDJs.

I, in particular, use CDJ900s with Rekordbox v2.0.3; but know from other threads that the CDJ2000 / Nexus also suffer this problem.

It would appear that, from previous threads, the problem lies with Realtek internal network cards that interrupt communication between Rekordbox and the decks; despite these being fairly common cards in Windows machines (not sure about Macs!)

I have overcome the problem temporarily - again, like some other users - by using a non-Realtek USB ethernet adapter to run my Rekordbox LINK.

Nonetheless, it surprises me that this hasn't been diagnosed thus far at Pioneer by the techies.

As Pioneer have shown no real solution to this problem, I'm wondering if anyone else has managed to diagnose why Realtek (and perhaps other cards) are interfering with Rekordbox's LINK functionality.

@Gavin > in response to your previous post in another thread, you claim that Pioneer staff read all correspondence and take it on board.  I find that hard to believe, given that I have contacted Pioneer several times since early January - have had one response which was a set of completely irrelevant troubleshooting instructions - and have since had no further response!! 

For the price we pay for your products, you're not filling me with confidence that your engineers know what their doing; nor that your customer service staff know how to communicate effectively.  Extremely disappointed.

DirectorDash

Please sign in to leave a comment.

10 comments

I confirm my HP Pavilion g7-1357ef and equip a network card (realtek pcie fe family controller)

so I'll try a usb adapter network

I hope that Pioneer will now be able to solve the problems pro link (rekordbox) with a realtek hardware update

michel franck 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

I've got a HP Pavilion g6 with realtek pcie familly controller, running windows 7 and recorkbox 1.53 and I never have these errors, its rock solid.

DJBostonGreen 0 votes

@UrbanBeatFoundation > Indeed, when I was running v1.5 / v1.6 / etc... I had no problems.  From v2 up the problems were intermittent, and now between v2.2.9 and v2.0.3 - together with the v4.20 CDJ900 firmware - there are consistent problems for me on both my laptops, both running Realtek NICs.

I am not suggesting to any certainty that it definitely is the Realtek cards, however I cannot otherwise explain why LINK works with the USB ethernet adapter and not with my two laptops' built-in ethernet adapters.

Have you per chance tried using your decks in LINK mode from a machine with a Realtek card and v2 of RB??

DirectorDash 0 votes

After reading your topic, I have edited my. It seems like a similar problem. Its funny how I didn't have the problem when using my laptop but when switching to my i7 desktop I have the problems mentioned in my topic and yours

http://forums.pioneerdj.com/entries/24446563-Problems-with-Rekordbox-Link-?page=1#post_23722871

To be honest this is just a joke, after spending £1000''s, I can't use my i7 desktop PC without buying a Ethernet adapter or switching to Traktor with USBs and spending another £70 on the software.

Jay D 0 votes

@Jay D yes, it's beyond a joke, I would suggest it's a very serious problem that Pioneer have still not addressed!!

I currently use a USB ethernet dongle for £12 off Amazon, and thus far have had no issues playing from RBx.  Even if Pioneer do fix the problem (HA!) can't say I'll be in a rush to moving back to the internal RJ45.

And yes - you'd think for the minimum £1000 you spend on an RBx LINK compatible deck, they'd be able to afford to get it working pretty swiftly.

DirectorDash 0 votes

Just got a new laptop (Dell XPS 15) and using LINK I get the "E-8305 data format error". Everything was bulletproof on my old machine, the tracks are perfect, so it looks like RB's incompatibility with Realtek network card is to blame. Funny thing is, my old laptop also had a Realtek card, but an older driver which I'm tempted to install. In case it doesn't work, I happen to have a spare USB ethernet adapter. Oh Pioneer.

kooba 0 votes

Confirmed, my RB Link performs flawlessly with USB ethernet adapter. It was choking with the built-in card (Realtek)

kooba 0 votes