Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

Migrating Your Rekordbox Database v 2.0.3 from XP to Windows 8

I try to use the old instruction from v1.5x but the file names aren't:

datafile.backup.edb

datafile.edb

dummy.edb

license

rekordbox.settings

Upmgr rekordbox.settings

Please setup the new information to version 2.03

Best regards

Jackmaster Fil 

Jackmaster Fil (Philipp Kaufmann)

Please sign in to leave a comment.

5 comments

I don't believe it is currently possible to migrate between OS systems. Regardless, are you sure you are looking in the right place?

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\yourusername\Application Data\Pioneer\rekordbox

Gavin 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Hi,

please see the attached v2_3.jpg from the screen shot. Using the the last Recordbox version and the enable the view of the not visible fails, you can't find:

datafile.backup.edb

datafile.edb

dummy.edb

license

rekordbox.settings

Upmgr rekordbox.settings

not in XP as well Windows 8

Why you not program the possibility to import existing playlists from devices form other users to your Rekordbox?

So you haven't to analyze and manage all twice. And for professionals it's easier geting a backup notebook. So in a gig you can share Playlists from on DJ to the other with Cue points etc.

Best Regards,

Philipp 

Jackmaster Fil (Philipp Kaufmann) 0 votes

Philipp, you are looking at the wrong place.

The files are in C:\Users<yourusername>\AppData\Roaming\Pioneer

(or if you use the Windows variables... %appdata%\Pioneer )

Wicket 0 votes

Gavin

I'm sure Pioneer is well aware this is going to be an issue for many. I am currently on Windows 7 but I know one day I may be forced to get Windows 8 pre-installed on a new computer. Everyone one Windows 7 or below will one day have to move up, Windows 8 or Windows 9 and maybe just move to Mac. I'm sure there are some people who hold out but... The majority of people will move up. 

It would be nice as I said before that when a user loads RB onto their new WIndows 8 computer, RB has an option of (DO you want to migrate from Windows 7, or from another Hardrive or whatever...

Basically On your computer with original RB there is a button you click, DO you want to Migrate to .... gives you several options A: Windows 8 B: Another Harddrive C: MAC or whatever... Not sure MAc could be done but if it can.... 

Then once you select where you want to migrate to the program gathers everything it needs and puts it in a file. 

On your new computer you select Migrate button and then (Migrate from Windows 7 or whatever...) Select yes and then it asks for the file. You give it the file and it sorts it all out for you. Done! Now all you do is bring over your music and saved backup (Analyzed file) and you're good to go.

Something like that. I didn't want to write a book but I think the short form gets the idea across. 

Justin time for some Hardstyle! 0 votes

Windows 7 and Windows 8 share many of the core systems so it's not necessary to update the instructions.

@Jackmaster > Your screenshot shows that you are indeed looking at the wrong location; see the post by @Wicket.

Pulse 0 votes