Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

Aero / Link Loading track issue on Windows 7

Hi,

I cannot manage to load tracks from my computer to the xdj aero using Rekordbox.

Everything seems to work fine until I drop a track from a playlist to the Aero.

Here is the requested debug information:

0) Have you read the "READ ME FIRST" thread in its entirety before posting: Yes, a couple of times. could figure out every dead link on this page.

1) Operating System: Windows 7 Pro

2) OS Type: 64bit 

3) Rekordbox version: 2.0.3

4) Using LINK: Yes

4a) LINK Connection method: XDJ AERO (tried both client and AP mode, same issue)

8) Is Rekordbox crashing at all: No

8b) If not crashing, are there any error messages: No

9) Are you able to repeat / reproduce the problem:Yes

9a) If yes, can you do it consistently: Yes

10) Any other notes regarding your setup only: Firewall disabled. Services/Programs that may use same  ports of RB disabled (this includes Windows Media sharing service and for me, RTP MIdi). NAT settings checked

Provide as much detail of the issue here:

Steps to reproduce (XDJ in client mode - but the issue is the same in AP mode):

1. Fire up the XDJ (Firmware is 2.0)
  2. XDJ states "Connected to <MYSSID>" 
  3. Fire Rekordbox
  4. The "LINK" button shows up
  5. Click the "LINK" button
  6. The XDJ shows up in Rekordbox
  7. Select the computer in the XDJ, XDJ states "control with rotary"
  8. Selecting tracks on the computer works from the XDJ using the rotary knob
  9. Try to load a track on a XDJ deck (no matter from the XDJ or the computer Drag&Drop)
  10. The XDJ disappears in Rekordbox / Computer disappears in XDJ
  11. Connection is lost
  12. Power-cycling the XDJ like suggested in the readme(!) does not change anything

Also, the same XDJ Aero/Rekordbox works fine with My iPad, My iPhone and a friend's Mac Book Pro

Can someone please advise (logfiles attached)?

[EDITING THIS AS COMMENTS ARE ALREADY CLOSED] 

Thx wicket for the tip :) PROBLEM SOLVED BY UNPLUGGING AN NTFS USB DRIVE (not the one with the tracks).

Also, though I always loved pioneer hardware, I have to say that I'm pretty disappointed both by the Rekordbox software and by the support provided by Pioneer. Every single piece of software has bugs, what makes a good software company is how you handle them and the relationship with your customers, through some decent support, the ability to downgrade if needed etc...

Many requests are left unanswered (at least on the public forum pages) - which is not critical - but the real problem is the lack of technical information provided to the "Pioneer community", about how the software really works. This would save time for everyone as many users could do some  basic  troubleshooting without the need to read several forum pages to gather technical information.

Ports used by Rekordbox (there are possibly others):  2049, 50000, 50001 , 50002, 50004, 50111

Rekordbox processes (this one's in the readme topic):

C:\program files_yourusername_\rekordbox version-number\edb_streamd.exe - TCP

C:\program files_yourusername_\rekordbox version-number\psvnfsd.exe - UDP

C:\program files_yourusername_\rekordbox version-number\psvlinksysmgr.exe - TCP

C:\program files_yourusername_\rekordbox version-number\rekordbox.exe - TCP

Rekordbox logfiles location:

C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\PioneerLog

This is pretty basic but I would have liked to find this in some sort of "Troubleshooting" topic, or in some replies instead of the usual "Check your firewall settings" 

That being said, I would be really grateful if someone from the Pioneer Tech Support could have a look to this issue, and provide the foresaid support.

Thanks & regards,

Norman

Norman

Please sign in to leave a comment.

8 comments

Do you by any chance have any external hdd connected, to the computer, that's NTFS-formated?

(I got this exact problem, with 2.0.3, when I had an NTFS-drive connected to my laptop)

From what I've seen so far, PowerDVD, Office Starter 2010 and Windows Media Sharing, messes with RB's use of the ports, so there might be other softwares that does it too :-/

Have you tried to restart your computer in "Safe mode with networking", and then tried the link?

If it works, atleast you know that you have some service/software, that blocks the ports in normal mode.

Another tip is, that if you don't have a software for checking used network ports, you could download "Resource Hacker 2.3", to se them.

Wicket 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Hey wicket,

Thanks for your help, I'll check the HD tip tonight ( I had one connected indeed)  and let you know

Ad far as ports are concerned, "nestat -ano" in windows console  + task manager to find the application using its PID usually does the trick :)

Cheers

Norman

Norman 0 votes

Ha!

I see I'm not the only one still using command-line tools.

people tend to like visual tools more nowadays, which means that I tend to point them in that direction aswell =)

Wicket 0 votes

This will be addressed in the next firmware update for the AERO.  I am closing this thread, if the problem persists after the update, please create a new thread and post for assistance again.  Thanks!

Pulse 0 votes

@Norman > The engineers have looked at the logs and suggested that perhaps you try unmounting or removing one of your drives as the AERO can handle 3 drives but your system shows 5 (C, D, F and Z).  Can you try and see if that helps?

Pulse 0 votes

@Pulse Removing the drive did the trick, like Wicket suggested two days ago. Could not confirm that problem was solved in the comments  since you had already closed the topic,I had to edit the ticket instead (see bold text above). Thanks for your help anyway :)

Norman 0 votes

When will be have the new firmware for AERO? Because, I still have the problem and cannot connet my Window with the unit........

Alvin Chan 0 votes