I cannot manage to load tracks from my computer to the xdj aero using Rekordbox.
Everything seems to work fine until I drop a track from a playlist to the Aero.
Here is the requested debug information:
0) Have you read the "READ ME FIRST" thread in its entirety before posting: Yes, a couple of times. could figure out every dead link on this page.
1) Operating System: Windows 7 Pro
2) OS Type: 64bit
3) Rekordbox version: 2.0.3
4) Using LINK: Yes
4a) LINK Connection method: XDJ AERO (tried both client and AP mode, same issue)
8) Is Rekordbox crashing at all: No
8b) If not crashing, are there any error messages: No
9) Are you able to repeat / reproduce the problem:Yes
9a) If yes, can you do it consistently: Yes
10) Any other notes regarding your setup only: Firewall disabled. Services/Programs that may use same ports of RB disabled (this includes Windows Media sharing service and for me, RTP MIdi). NAT settings checked
Provide as much detail of the issue here:
Steps to reproduce (XDJ in client mode - but the issue is the same in AP mode):
- Fire up the XDJ (Firmware is 2.0)
- XDJ states "Connected to <MYSSID>"
- Fire Rekordbox
- The "LINK" button shows up
- Click the "LINK" button
- The XDJ shows up in Rekordbox
- Select the computer in the XDJ, XDJ states "control with rotary"
- Selecting tracks on the computer works from the XDJ using the rotary knob
- Try to load a track on a XDJ deck (no matter from the XDJ or the computer Drag&Drop)
- The XDJ disappears in Rekordbox / Computer disappears in XDJ
- Connection is lost
- Power-cycling the XDJ like suggested in the readme(!) does not change anything
Also, the same XDJ Aero/Rekordbox works fine with My iPad, My iPhone and a friend's Mac Book Pro
Can someone please advise (logfiles attached)?
[EDITING THIS AS COMMENTS ARE ALREADY CLOSED]
Thx wicket for the tip :) PROBLEM SOLVED BY UNPLUGGING AN NTFS USB DRIVE (not the one with the tracks).
Also, though I always loved pioneer hardware, I have to say that I'm pretty disappointed both by the Rekordbox software and by the support provided by Pioneer. Every single piece of software has bugs, what makes a good software company is how you handle them and the relationship with your customers, through some decent support, the ability to downgrade if needed etc...
Many requests are left unanswered (at least on the public forum pages) - which is not critical - but the real problem is the lack of technical information provided to the "Pioneer community", about how the software really works. This would save time for everyone as many users could do some basic troubleshooting without the need to read several forum pages to gather technical information.
Ports used by Rekordbox (there are possibly others): 2049, 50000, 50001 , 50002, 50004, 50111
Rekordbox processes (this one's in the readme topic):
C:\program files_yourusername_\rekordbox version-number\edb_streamd.exe - TCP
C:\program files_yourusername_\rekordbox version-number\psvnfsd.exe - UDP
C:\program files_yourusername_\rekordbox version-number\psvlinksysmgr.exe - TCP
C:\program files_yourusername_\rekordbox version-number\rekordbox.exe - TCP
Rekordbox logfiles location:
This is pretty basic but I would have liked to find this in some sort of "Troubleshooting" topic, or in some replies instead of the usual "Check your firewall settings"
That being said, I would be really grateful if someone from the Pioneer Tech Support could have a look to this issue, and provide the foresaid support.
Thanks & regards,