Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

1 follower Follow

Update my collection deletes all my cue points, why?

Hi,

I am adding Cue points to various tracks on rekordbox that already exsist on my usb device, i then plug my usb into my laptop and select 'Update my collection' via right click and it deletes all my cue points from rekordbox that i have just spent hours doing!!

Is there no way of updating the tracks on the usb device or would i have to drag and drop the playlist over? 

LeeHardy

Please sign in to leave a comment.

3 comments

update collection is for the reverse of what you are trying to do, Its for when you use the usb drive at a club and create new cues and loops on the fly, then when you get home you can back that up by "updating" the collection on the laptop

to do that in reverse you need to re-export the tracks from laptop to usb, not update collection

BriChi 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Ah right so if i make changes to beat grids on the fly on the nexus players then put my usb back into rekordbox and select update collection all my rekordbox will be updated?

And if i make new cue points on tracks that are already on the usb i can just drag and drop the entire playlist and it will replace it with out duplication now i think.

I just wasnt sure what was going on when they where being removed each time, thanks for you help and quick reply.

LeeHardy 0 votes

yes that is correct, once I add cues and such I want for the weekend, i re-export that playlist to the drive, overwriting the previous weeks  

BriChi 0 votes