Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

119.99 121.99

Why does Rekordbox keep on analysing tracks at .99? I'm sure that the producer rounded it up. Obviously most of use our ears and don't always trust the BPM but it would make sense for Rekordbox to get it right in the first place.

Richie

Please sign in to leave a comment.

2 comments

Not all tracks are perfect, some are mastered a hair slow or will show that way due to MP3 compression.  It's possible rekordbox may have mis-analysed the tracks, but if you verify the beatgrid and it's bang-on but still showing .99, I'd say it's the audio.

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

I just re-analyzed my library where I keep 4k tracks available.  I did not keep statistics, but for the last two years worth of digitally obtained tracks, *every* track that was off by +/- .05 or less was an analysis error.  I have a number of older tracks that were ripped from vinyl, that's where I expect an error.  Over time, I've culled out a bunch of the vinyl sourced tracks so there are now only about 800 or less.  I now only buy digital tracks and typically get about 50-120 in a given month, and upon import, expect to see about 10-20 with an analysis error of some form.  Lacking stats, my impression is:

90% of D&B, Trap and Step tracks clock in as cut time (1/2 bpm)

20%:  Inizio is off by as much as 100ms and the BPM is wrong by a small amount, usually +/- 0.01 or 0.05  (special note:  Tipper is almost always wrong!)

15%:  Key is off, usually by a 5th, but sometimes a hilarious amount that attempting to mix with the same key would make one cringe

I'll keep stats from now on

pope 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink