Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

1 follower Follow

CDJ-850 query

Hi, I'm completly new to Rekordbox and thinking of buying CDJ-850's and a DJM700 mixer. I'm slightly confused about the use of Rekordbox and would be greatful for some advice. I know I can copy from Rekordbox onto USB devices however I thought I read somewhere that you could connect a network cable from the CDJ to the computer and was wondering, can you actually load directly on to the CDJ or stream to the deck from a computer. What i don't want to do is to buy these decks, then have to buy a seperate sound card to use VirtualDJ or something like that to play the files off my laptop.

Thanks

Nathan Rudy

Post is closed for comments.

3 comments

Loading tracks directly from rekordbox onto a CDJ is possible as long as you are using a CDJ-900 or CDJ-2000. The CDJ-850 does not have such functionality. You can prepare your tracks in rekordbox and then export them to an USB stick, as you rightly mentioned, but this is the only method.

You do not need to buy a separate soundcard to use VDJ with the CDJ-850 as the players themselves already contain a soundcard.

Gavin 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Thank you, so am I right in thinking, The deck connects to the laptop, the signal is sent down the cable to the deck from the laptop of which I have full control and then goes through my mixer as normal?

thanks

Nathan

Nathan Rudy 0 votes

The deck connects to the laptop via USB cable for use with Virtual DJ (or other DVS programs) only; not rekordbox!

Everything else is connected as normal - the audio signal goes from the CDJ to the mixer.

Gavin 0 votes