Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

CDJ 2000 FREEZES & DISPLAYS ERROR CODE WHILST USING REKORD BOX 15-05-2013

Ok where do I start..........well I think my setup would be a good idea first.....

*This is my setup: 2 x CDJ 2000'S linked Via 10/100mps Net gear Switch & Mac Book Pro 2011. I sort all my music collection through iTunes however I DO NOT use the bridge feature! I just copy my collection & playlists over to Rekord Box....My CDJ 2000's have the latest firmware 4.11......I am currently running the 2.0.1 Version of the Rekord Box program...All tracks have been analysed....

I had a Wedding Reception over the weekend and firstly Rekord Box crashed....My Mac Book Pro 2011 came up with some kind of error "RekordBox stopped etc". This happened whilst I was not playing any tracks through Rekord Box, so I just rebooted my Mac and re-started the program. All was ok up until one of the tracks froze/stopped whilst using Rekord Box. This was whilst the dance floor was full. An error code came up on CDJ and I had to re start CDJ to get things working again. Didn’t have time to note down the error code I was on a live gig and had to get things moving rapidly. This has happened before a couple of times before but I thought the new firmware/software updates would have sorted the issue out.

*I feel very disappointed in Pioneer & Rekord Box. I have paid so much money yet still get a problem like this. I sell my company to be professional! However how professional do I look when something like that happens??? Very unhappy at the moment.

I don’t know what else to add really. I will try and re-make the fault happen again as I can remember the song that stopped the CDJ.

Open to advice & suggestions....

Resh

Resh Singh

Please sign in to leave a comment.

17 comments

@Resh - there are some things I could recommend to you:

1) The latest FW for CDJ-2000mk1 is 4.20 - update the CDJ's

2) The latest version of RB is 2.0.3 - update RB

3) Re-analyse all tracks in RB by mark all tracks in the collection - right click and re-analyse

Not sayin that this will fix the issue, but CDJ-2000mk1:s are more stable than for example CDJ-2000Nexus that has some major issues with freezing etc so maybe the above easy fixes could solve your problem.

Taang 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

@Taang > In reply to your points:

1. I can remember reading somewhere a reply written from a technician to a user saying: there wasn’t really any benefit in updating from 4.11 to 4.20, so this is the reason I didn’t bother upgrading the firmware.

2. Again I read somewhere on this forum by users that there wasn’t really any improvements in the software except a few minor changes, hence the reason I didn’t bother upgrading. Also wasn’t sure If I did upgrade would I have to re-analyse all of my tracks and would I lose cue point, loops etc.

I may be totally wrong about my above points as this was some point late last year...however appreciate your response and may just upgrade to latest software/firmware and see where that takes me.....

Resh Singh 0 votes

Hi again, :-)

1) Yes, you are right about that - but running the latest FW in 2000mk1:s case hase been the best solution becasue Pioneer dosent always publish everthing they have changed...

2) If I remember correctly, 2.0.1 was had a lot of bugs, 2.0.3 were including a lot of bug fixes and also, you wont loose your cue points or loops when you re-analyse in 2.0.3.

Hope you get this up and running.

Taang 0 votes

@ Taang >

Ok thanks for info. Looks like updating probably would be the best bet and a good start.

Any Pioneer Technicians care to shed some light on the issues I'm having before I start messing about!?????

Resh

Resh Singh 0 votes

Any engineers/technicians willing to comment? Need to get this issue sorted ASAP as I do have gigs coming up.....Your responses will be appreciated.....

Resh

Resh Singh 0 votes

Resh - This is what has been updated since 2.0.1: (if you havent updated RB, u really should....)

Ver.2.0.3 (2013.02.04)

1.Fixed an issue where rekordbox would crash when exporting tracks.

2.Fixed an issue where the enlarged waveform on the CDJ would be incorrect by 1 frame when using the ProDJ Link. 

3.Fixed an issue where the CDJ would freeze when using the ProDJ LINK if the FOLDER category was at the top of the active category list in rekordbox.

4.Fixed an issue where rekordbox would store incorrect information in the RELEASE DATA field.

Ver.2.0.2 (2012.12.11)

What's new in rekordbox Ver.2.0.2

● rekordbox now supports Mac OSX 10.8 and Windows 8.

● SYNC Master status of the DJM-2000nexus will now be displayed in rekordbox.

● rekordbox 2.0.2 can now export detailed beat grid information to an XML file.

● Fixed an issue where rekordbox would crash when analysing a track.

● Fixed an issue where rekordbox would crash with various operations.

● Fixed an issue with beat grid inaccuracy created with v1.6.0/v1.6.2/v2.0.0/v2.0.1.

● Fixed an issue where a cue point would sometimes not be exported to a device

● Fixed an issue where key analysis would not restart when re-launching rekordbox.

● Fixed an issue where artwork would deteriorate if added to multiple tracks.

● Fixed an issue where the beginning of a analysed waveform would be cropped with certain MP3 files.

● Fixed an issue where rekordbox would not create an MEP-4000 library when using Mac OSX 10.8.

Taang 0 votes

@Taang > Ok Taang look like updating RekordBox and CDJS would defo be a good start. Just wanted to get an insight from a Pioneer Tech to see what they think the issue could be too, but no response so far :(

Btw I have been reading a few other threads, people metion something about running all files through some kind of program to see if your Mp3s have any faults with them....Apparently faulty ID tags can cause crashes to CDJS tooo? Any ideas on what program is the best one to use and this standard practice?

Resh

Resh Singh 0 votes

What i've been told is **MP3val **the best program, just google it and you will struk gold ;-)

Taang 0 votes

@Taang> Ok so I found the MP3val program however Im on Mac and also many of my songs are from iTunes and the file format is M4a.

How important is it to scan all my files? I do have quite a large music collection.....

Resh

Resh Singh 0 votes

OK... The first thing I would try than is just to re-analyse all the track in RB, your cue points and hot cues will stay intact.

A tip that Gavin wrote is, mark all the tracks, hit re-analyse and let the computer be until its finished (mix vibes programming is not the best so to speak)

Taang 0 votes

Ok so managed to hook my CDJs up and have a play about. Tested the same track out that just randomly stopped at the last gig and nothing happened. Played absolutely fine.

I will however update CDJS and RekordBox and see how I get on at the next gig. Quick question...hod you re-analyse tracks in RekordBox when using MAC OS?

Resh

Resh Singh 0 votes

Ok managed to work out how to re analyse...lets see how this goes...

Resh Singh 0 votes

Ok so I managed to install the latest version of RekordBox 2.0.3 and I re-analysed all my tracks which took me about 12 hours....

Got a problem...I sort all my songs out via Itunes as Im a very heavy user of this program. I do not use the BRIDGE feature though...just copy my collection into RB as and when need be. The probelm is my Itunes collection is showing 15619 Tracks and 'Collection' in RB is showing 15604. From the numbers it looks as though Im missing some tracks. I have deleted my entire collection from RB and copied over my songs from Itunes again however I still have the same problem. Have never has this issue before with previous RekordBox software.

PLEASE HELP IVE GOT GIGS ON THE WEEKEND.

RESH

Resh Singh 0 votes

could be that RB picks up that you are trying to import a couple of duplicates and it ignores them

BriChi 0 votes

for instance, i just tested added a bunch of tracks including duplicates to an itunes playlist so theres 45 tracks in there, now I drag from itunes to RB and only 30 appear because it does not add the same track twice

BriChi 0 votes

@ BriChi > So are you saying that I have the exact same file in iTunes twice hence this wont add to RB or are you saying that I have two different files named the same file name?

Resh Singh 0 votes