Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 followers Follow

Rekordbox 2.0.7: What's your experience?

1)  The release notes are unusually terse, for example, other than a teaser that the XML interface behavior has been 'fixed' there is no detail.  

2)  Absent details, I'm afraid to load this into my workflow since I have paid gigs.  Tools using XML  is something I'm very interested in and I want to fiddle with it, but would like to hear if folks have had a good or bad experience with this release.

So, how are y'all feeling about 2.0.7?  Is it beta as usual or stable as can be?  For the record I'm on win7

pope

Please sign in to leave a comment.

17 comments

for me it's been stable, I still wish they would add an easier way to update your collection from the main RB lists to the usb. I add and move tracks a lot and I always have to delete all playlists and export again (which doesnt take too long because the tracks are on the drive in most cases), Just wish they would do an "update collection" to make the changes on the usb drive that I made locally 

other then that and some more suggestions, It's been great for me

BriChi 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Yup, I know we all want this feature =D would be the greatest thing in the world

T-Top 0 votes

when I update the RB library day after day and make changes and such, I would like an easier way to export ONLY the info I changed to a usb drive after days of work

BriChi 0 votes

Pretty silly oversight, IMO.  The way I've been getting around this is to turn on the "remove tracks when playlist is deleted" and then export the playlist all over again.

I've seen a lot of threads with questionable user experiences with .7, and other than you, BriChi, not a lot of folks saying this release is baller.  I'll be waiting for a release with something substantial, my workflow is relying on the current XML and absent detailed release documentation, it's not worth my time trying to reverse-engineer what they've "fixed."

pope 0 votes

yeah, The only feature I love that they fixed in .7 is they sped up the search in the collection view. It used to hang a lot but it's much better now, other then that, same stuff, different release

BriChi 0 votes

Ok thanks Brichi, now i understand. Do you make also changes on the CDJ side? So do you also do "update collection"? And if so, do you do it for each song separately or all together at once?

Maybe it is difficult for the software to export only the info that changed because info can change on the rekordbox side, but also on cdj side..just guessing :) But indeed, such a feature would be nice!

s_decoster 0 votes

I do make changes live when using the usb at a gig, then the next day I will plug in and "update collection" in rb to backup all the new saved info

BriChi 0 votes

I would highly advice against this upgrade.  If any of your underlying MP3 are missing you will be unable to re-add them to the database.  Until Pioneer fixes this, STAY AWAY.

DJ lexel 0 votes

I have not observed this behavior with 2.0.7.  At this point, I don't have an RB library that persists beyond the playlist (set/crate) level as all prep work has been happening in Traktor and/or Mixmeister, I use RB only to prep the media for performance.

pope 0 votes

How can I stop rb from nagging me with the 2.0.7 upgrade? Everytime i start it I get the popup for upgrading to 2.0.7 and I don't want to do it, I want to live peacefully in harmony with my older version :D I haven't found any setting for the updated in the rb menus (im on os x).

Julia O 0 votes

unfortunately you cannot yet, maybe they will add an option to stop buggin people who dont want to update

BriChi 0 votes

Turn your wifi of on computer just before opening
RB , that works for me , as dont want 2.7 ))

Clive titheradge 0 votes

isn't easier to just close the update window and continue on with 2.3 rather then shut the wifi off every time you use it? 

BriChi 0 votes

Apologies if this has been asked on many occasions beforehand, but does Pioneer have any plans to raise the 10,000 tracks total within rekordbox. I'm currently over 9,800 and starting to get a bit anxious.

Brother Marco 0 votes

There is not a 10,000 track limit in RB, I have 27,000+ tracks so I know :)

The limit comes within the player, for instance the I know the Aero and the XDJ-R1 have the 10,000 track limit when creating the R1 library in RB for the specific controller

BriChi 0 votes