Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Problems with Rekordbox Link.

I've being using Rekordbox now for around a year without any problems. My set-up consists of two CDJ 900s and a DJM 900 mixer all updated to the latest firmware. I have the latest Rekordbox version installed and latest DJM 900 driver installed. I had no problem when using my laptop, but when connecting to my desktop PC there are issues.

This is the current configuration.

Ethernet switch 

Port 1: Ethernet cable from the wall socket/from Virgin Media Hub

Port 2: Ethernet cable from CDJ

**Port 3: **Ethernet cable from CDJ

Port 4: **Ethernet cable from **Mixer

Port 5: Ethernet Cable going to Ethernet port on PC

The Desktop PC is connected to the internet and link is visible within Rekordbox, showing both CDJ and mixer Icons. The problems are the FX on the mixer is not synced, flashes grid on every channel on mixer but more so than that constant errors (e-8309, e-8305, e-8302 ) 

Motherboard in i7 Desktop PC - Realtek® 8111E , 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)

Thanks

Jay D

Please sign in to leave a comment.

7 comments

Could it be the master BPM setting in rekordbox that's locking your DJM to a particular BPM, then when you disconnect the ethernet cable the DJM begins detecting the BPM again? When your DJM is connected to your switch via ethernet does the FX BPM on your DJM stay locked on a particular value or does it fluctuate based on the track BPM?

hatrik 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Thanks for the post/help hatrik but  I can confirm that the master BPM setting within rekordbox is not enabled. In-fact, I don't think I've never ever used it.

I've literally had no progress with this and everything I mentioned in my original post is still happening. When I disconnect the Ethernet cable from the DJM/switch so that only the two CDJs are visible within rekordbox, the mixer detects the BPM and moves according to the pitch of each CDJ/track loaded from rekordbox. When I connect the mixer via Ethernet, the BPM just doesn't change and grid is flashing in red on the mixer on each channel.

This is frustrating now. I'm almost tempted to try Traktor with USBs but I shouldn't have too.

Anyone else any ideas?

Jay D 0 votes

Your Realtek NIC could be the source of all your problems, check out the thread below, scroll down to Andre's post on the 20th Feb. Also check out the very last post in the thread by Gavin - try updating your Realtek NIC driver before anything else. If that doesn't work I'd try a USB NIC and disable your Realtek. Good luck!

http://forums.pioneerdj.com/entries/22565461--CLOSED-e-8309-link-access-error-followed-by-e-8302-cannot-play-track-c630-

hatrik 0 votes

The update is that updating the Realtek NIC driver didn't change a thing. So I'm left with the options of either spending £70 on Traktor, buying a Ethernet USB adapter or using a different computer, none of which I should have to do.

Jay D 0 votes

@Jay D > I completely understand. I'm going to ask the engineers if they can help troubleshoot any other method.

Gavin 0 votes