Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

7 followers Follow

Can Rekordbox automatically update playlists on USB?

Say if i add more tracks to a playlist on rekordbox, would i be able to copy that playlist on to my device without having to completely copy over every song again if the playlist is already on the USB? so like a sync, auto update playlists feature? Also is there way to organize by import into rekordbox date not by date added into itunes?

Tim Doring

Please sign in to leave a comment.

5 comments

RB will not touch exported playlists on its own.  You have to tell it a specific playlist to export.

in RB, if you select a playlist and then export it to USB and that playlist is already there, it will first warn you that the playlist exists, and if you want to overwrite it.  If you say ok, it will then roll through and update that playlist and copy over any tracks that are missing.

RB will not, however, copy over the existing tracks.  This can be a problem if you have updated the track's metadata...it will not touch the existing tracks (say you updated the comment field, genre, key, etc... that information will be stale on the USB)

(Can't answer the itunes point, I don't use itunes at all)

pope 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

I understand that, but im finding that rekordbox will copy over existing tracks on the device again, like overwriting not creating duplicates of the song, which then takes way longer to transfer the updated playlist of say 100 songs as apposed to the 5 or so new ones

Tim Doring 0 votes

it looks like it is, but it's not. :(

If I copy an already copied playlist, RB scans through all the tracks, and does so rather quickly if it is a fast device (SD is the fastest, FWIW.)  If I've added a track here and there, it will hang up and take much longer as it transfers over those tracks.  If it is a slow device, the whole process is realllllly slooooow...

pope 0 votes

@Aaron > Please don't necro-post; this topic is almost 5 years old.

Pulse 0 votes