Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Why is it doing this all the time - Incorrect BPM reading

I'm still finding Rekordbox is getting the wrong tempo. A track I have been working on is 120 BPM - I take it out last night and the software has worked it out to be 119.89 BPM.

It's seems to be out by .2 or .3 BPM on a lot of music for some reason and if I manually correct the BPM by tying it in when I come to export to my USB drive the tempo is back to what Rekordbox got wrong in the first place! 

Richie

Please sign in to leave a comment.

5 comments

So I load the same another track with the same issue into Traktor and get the correct BPM reading? MixVibes/Pioneer why is this so hard for you to get right? 

Richie 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Did you correct the beatgrid manually to 120, or did you just enter the value of 120 to the BPM field?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think change the value to 120 doesn't change the actual beatgrid...

I would make sure the beatgrid is 100% perfect and then keep the value as it is (even if it might not show 120 exact).

This slightly off 120 might be perfect in sync... (even though it might feel strange, I agree with you)

Fabian 0 votes

Hi Fabian, I tried both options. The track has a clean kick at 120 BPM that starts without a gap at the beginning so I'm not sure why it wouldn't be in line when Rekordbox gets it wrong.

Richie 0 votes

Can you send me a link or the music file?

I recorded some 100% perfect clicktracks / 100% calibrated 120BPM and I'll see what happens.

Just to make it clear, I had some high end new batterypacks which only showed 4 out of 7 leds when fully charged. While the led-status showed almost half capacity, the battery packs were 100 charged. My concern is more like: okay forget the strange figures, but how is the beat in reallity. 

Can you be sure the kick is 120 BPM? Why? Just because other programs say it is, doesn't make it true ;-).

Even though you might have recorded it yourself, doesn't make it true. It can be, but we'll see :-)

I do agree I would also think it is a sound assumption, but I'd rather check things myself :-).

It would be great to find something so I can help you.

Fabian 0 votes

Hi Fabian,

Thanks for your time so far, it would be nice if Pioneer could respond with an official response but it seem their right now as focus is on fisher price dj gizmos for kids rather than getting the 2K product issues resolved.

I started the track from scratch in Logic Pro and the Tempo is set at 120.00BPM. By all means I can send you the work in progress.

Is there is a process I should be following? For example:

Add track to Rekordbox, analyze, if electronic music and reading as a strange tempo i.e 119.98. Move beat grid until BPM is set or rounded to nearest number and save.

I would say 2 in 10 tracks are analyzed as .96 or .98 so should I be manually adjusting the grid everytime for ones like this or not? I don’t get why the software does this but Traktor doesn’t ? Surely for those who purchased the Nexus 2000’s they will be having issues if the BPM is analyzed wrong then the sync function won’t be working as expected at all (if they use it)

Richie 0 votes