Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 followers Follow

Cue/memory points and playlists and USB back to RB

Is it possible to create cue-points/memories that are unique to specific playlists? I find that when I change a cue-points under the collection, they are reflected in my playlists and ruin my preset mix-points. Also, I have an incredible set with specific cues/memories which I wrote to USB. My son then created his own cues-points using many of the same songs which deleted my cues. Can I copy my playlist, with cues, back to my collection?

Thanks in advance!

jj_spike

Please sign in to leave a comment.

4 comments

I had the same 'thing', solved it by just importing the song a second time. Else I think it would be very difficult to create an 'easy to understand interface' which facilitates this feature.

BUT it might be possible to program this. Maybe it could be default to have only 1 set of CUES.

When you check a specific box (called "Playlist dependend cues" for example), the Cues will be dependend of the playlist in which you store the song. For the programmers this would mean storing extra data which might slow down the database or which might use more resources..... So just importing an extra version might be quite a lot easier :-)

Fabian 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

There is currently only the option of adding cue points to songs. Playlist don't really have the files in it, playlists are just a reference to the collection.

But an other solution could also be the possibility to add more cue points per song. I would love that since i place cue points each 32 beats unless the structure of the song changes, but I only get to  2' 15'' with that system :(

s_decoster 0 votes

You can update youre collection, but not the playlist with cuepoints, hotstarts and loops thats been made from the cdjs via sd or usb.

The only choice as of now is to import all your tracks from the usb /sd to your collection and make a new playlist with the tracks you want to play, i know this sux.

And one gripe i have is that i cant make folders instead of one "itunescollection" that i grab all my tracks from.

i dont know about you but came from cds and covers, i got my promotracks, burned the cds, and printed my covers, just the way i wanted, trackorder, bpms, key, color you name it.

in rekordbox, everything is mashed together and i know why its a applething, not partikular smart, but why not be able to do "both"

if you love apple, fine = Collection, if you love the cd / cover idea = folders = Collections, supereasy to find what you are looking for, if you delete say one collection of your latest houseplaylist from madsion, you just do it and update from the usb, cues, tags, hotstarts, instead of risking to delete you whole collection, as of now, if its gone you cant import direct from a usb or sd card even if you have the tracks in order.

Maybe this is why i use other systems, that are more easy to manage and store / play youre music, rekordbox dont seem to cut it!

Cheers!

Martin (SzM) Andersson 0 votes

What i cant seem to understand is why not the information is stored in the mp3tag instead, and that you just could drag and drop your tracks in rekordbox if you just wanna edit the cuepoints, thats on your sd/usb like mixed in key,  its a shame really that the waveform wont follow the track without first adding it to the "collection" , its funny cause you have waveform on a cd, but not on a file on usb or SD, thats one more nail in the coffin for usb /sd

If this were possible you just make a folder with your tracks, edit them i sequential order, 1,2,3,4,5, drop the in RB, just like a playlist, edit cues, hots and loops on beforehand, store the info on SD/Usb yepp it takes time, but you can backup whatever track you want, nothing gets renamed, crashes and the cuepoints, hotstarts, well anything you change on youre tracks with the CDJs will follow through 100%, just as long as you keep the trackfolder and pioneer folder together.

As of now nothing of this works, well it does but  with no waveform, either  back to the CDJ 500s without waveform or cds ;D

Or just use rekorbox and understand that ince you have a collection you trapped, a chain of events, delete or change something and the house of cards is crumbeling down.  Shame RB is a good product, at least the idea behind it.

Martin (SzM) Andersson 0 votes