Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

New rekordbox mobile version & the waveform at the load screen

So, for my happiness and enjoyment, when I turned on my android tablet today, the Play Store popped up with a brand new update for the rekordbox mobile!

Then I just dived into the change log and saw this: "Added the waveform of a track to the Load screen."! At the same time, I've got excited, updated it and did a test drive to check it out. But then I've got a disappointment: I was believing something functional instead of just showing a static waveform before loading the track... :(

So I had an idea while looking at that screen, with that beautiful waveform without much utility and life: why not add a small but valuable functionality in that static waveform? So here is my idea: do you guys know the soundcloud waveform? Why not be able to touch anywhere into that waveform and show which minute was clicked, just like what happens in soundcloud? In addition to this, I think it would be great to capture where I touched into that waveform and when I press one of the load buttons to load the track into one of the decks, take that mark as a starting cue point and load that track exactly at that point where I clicked into the waveform!

Is this possible to implement/add into rekordbox mobile, guys!? Could you pass this idea to the engineers?

Thanks in advance!

Jeff Char

Please sign in to leave a comment.

4 comments

I had the same feelings...then to my astonishment it was just like added artwork.   Whats the point of it?  You can't even tell when the drop of track is coming...and  ts a pretty poor waveform to look at too?   I'm hoping this is the beginning of the waveform and not the end pioneer.    Djay and tractor apps work it well.

Bobgavid 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

I personally feel these additions are fine for now, but there is still so much potential. I for one would love to see a waveform interface like the CDJ-2000 nexus for those who have the XDJ-Aero, with progress bar, memory points and other important tools. It would make navigating through the currently playing/cued track a lot easier for those who want to get the mix ready quicker.

John Hill 0 votes

@John Hill, for sure it have much more potential than this! But from what we've been following and having from Pioneer from these last months, it looks like they will take too much time to make a progress like this one. Even with we thinking that they are very capable of doing it, they will take way too much time to develop this.

So the idea I exposed here would be more a "quick fix" than a properly feature. Summarizing, the idea is to have a something functional and useful with that waveform they just placed in that load screen instead than just showing it.

Jeff Char 0 votes

@Bobgavid exactly, that's why I am really insisting into a minimal functional waveform feature. I really miss to know exactly in which minute a possible drop can come. I think this feature could help a bit in fulfilling this necessity in a timely fashion. At least for me, it would.

A progress bar would be the big deal, but having an idea of how the things works, this would demand a higher use of the Wi-Fi network, because the XDJ-Aero, for example, would need to "ping" rekordbox mobile to "tell" which part of the song it is playing. I even don't know if the rekordbox architecture would support a "real-time pooling" like this... 

Jeff Char 0 votes