Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

[TICKETED] rekordbox startup problem :(

hi there!!! i've installed on my laptop dell xps 15z latest rekordbox 2.0.7 but wont open...i get this message "rekordbox.exe hsa stopped working.A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.Please close the program." i have windows 7 ultimate, intel core i5,4gb ram,500 gb hdd...i've tryed all the "solution's" founded on internet,forums but still no work...i dont find any folder like this one "C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Pioneer\rekordbox" to delete...i cant put the provide serial for activation if the program wont start....i've tryied all the compatibility options but nothing works...this is the only software who caused me problems...i've attached 4 prinscreens maybe it will help....sorry for my english 

Rus Catalin

Please sign in to leave a comment.

30 comments

@Rus > It could be that your database is corrupted or damaged and you need to try loading the backup database. 

1) Ensure rekordbox is closed and find your database in the following location:

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\yourusername\Application Data\Pioneer\rekordbox

Vista: C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Pioneer\rekordbox

Win 7: C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Pioneer\rekordbox

OSX: /Users/yourusername/Library/Pioneer/rekordbox

2) Rename datafile.edb to datafile.edb.old

3) Rename datafile.backup.edb to datafile.edb (removing .backup)

4) Restart rekordbox and see if it opens. If it does, the main database was corrupted and the backup was working okay.

If it does not open, go back and rename ALL of the datafile files in that folder to .old and restart rekordbox once more. If it does load, both the original and backup database were corrupted and you will have to re-import your songs once more.

Gavin 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Thnx for reply,but i dont find nothig like this in " C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\"...if i cant start the program that folder it cant be create to modify him :(...i'm really frustrated because i cant find the right solution :(this is my first software that dont work...:( i wanted this software to work to prepare my tracks until i gonna buy my xdj r1...my tracks are allready prepared but with traktor...xdj r1 can recognize my tracks who have the beatgrid set and lock???aaaaaaaaa and another question: can rekordbox(if i can make him start) be used on xdj r1 like in xdj aero??? 

Rus Catalin 0 votes

you have to "show hidden files" to access those folders, have you done that?

BriChi 0 votes

i've done that but there is no folder of pioneer :(...why when i use  the troubleshot option of windows i get the message that application is not compatible (see screenshots of my first post)...i've installed and unistalled rekordbox software clean my registry but no luck....

Rus Catalin 0 votes

still no solution for me??? i'm the only one with this problem??? same thing happend with the new release of rekordbox 2.1.1 :(( it wont open the application :(( same message "rekordbox.exe hsa stopped working.A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.Please close the program."...

Rus Catalin 0 votes

there is nobody who can help me with my issue???anyone???i've googled to find any solution but no luck.... :(( rekordbox could be in conflict with other software like virtual dj or traktor???can someone answer me???

Rus Catalin 0 votes

I noticed you have 64bit Win7, I wonder if 64bit is not supported by RB? Have you tried another pc thats 32bit?

BriChi 0 votes

i will try to see if that works...i don't think that's the issue cause in these day's avery pc/notebook id on 64bit....but even so if is 32bit i must sell my notebook cause there is one app that dont work??? :P excuse my english :( and many thanx for the reply

Rus Catalin 0 votes

i've managed to install rekordbox on a 64bit pc desktop and it seems to work...why on my notebook dont want to work :((

Rus Catalin 0 votes

Sorry I have no info, I mainly work on my Mac. only thing I can suggest is do an uninstall again and try and delete all folders and hidden folders related to "Pioneer", they install again

BriChi 0 votes

i want to try to uninstall traktor and virtual dj to see if i can make it work...the problem is that if i cant open rekordbox the folder/s can be created so there is no file to be deleted :( ...thnx for the quick reply ;)

Rus Catalin 0 votes

no luck...:(( i'vw reinstalled my os but no luck...i don't have anymore that issue but stil wont open... :(( i'm gonna stay with traktor it's much better... :((....i think if the beatgrids are arange in traktor should work on xdj r1 isnt it????

Rus Catalin 0 votes

now i have on the root folder C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Pioneer\rekordbox only this "Upmgr rekordbox.settings" ....and no "datafile.edb" or "datafile.backup.edb" ...what might be the problem now???? can i download from somewhere this files???

Rus Catalin 0 votes

you can't download the datafile.edb, it is created when RB opens so yours is not being created because it keeps crashing. I have no clue what is going on, maybe a Pio rep can chime in

BriChi 0 votes

thnx for you're help ;) u must be hired by the pioneer because u're the only one who cares for as costumers...it's possible that i'm the onlyone with this issue??? could be that the rekordbox might be in conflict  with some software or with the specs of my notebook??? an my last question there is any software to convert the tag's created with traktor for rekordbox for pc ????

Rus Catalin 0 votes

let's hope that i can make it work untill i buy the xdj-r1 next mounth...thnx gavin for reply

Rus Catalin 0 votes

the strange thing is that the app cant give me an error code to know what might cause the problem or to find the right solution :(

Rus Catalin 0 votes

I'm so angry...I bought the xdj r1 but I cant use it at is best because I cant make rekordbox work, so my tracks cant be analised...I cant use the function of hot cues or samples because the tracks are not analised with rekordbox and are not quantized and sound bad,same thing with the loops...same thing on cd's...how can I convert my analised tracks in traktor to be compatible with rekordbox? The is an pc version of rekordbuddy?and another question: why when I plug my usb pe drive tracks start playing instantly without hiting the play button? Please excuse my english

Rus Catalin 0 votes

still no solution for me??? it's possible that the rekordbox exe is in 32bit??? i'm so angry i bougth the most expensive cd/mp3 player...no suport from pioneer....no fixing solution...nothing only this : "It seems that this problem concerns not only rekordbox but also other softwares" ...so the solution is to throw away my laptop because this software not working???....pioneer didnt try at least to fix this issue....who cares about us costumers??? 

Rus Catalin 0 votes

Yes u can ;) ! kthaleen@gmail.com ....aaaaa another thing that I've noticed yesterday when I've reinstalled my OS that my first thing I installed was rekordbox and he work....but installing other software that I need for my laptop it stoped to work....I've unistall one by one to see with witch software is in conflict but no luck :((...my intentions are to change my laptop for an macbook, but it's an expensive solution to make rekordbox work :(...I hope u understand my frustration... I have an great pioneer console,that I cant use it at max...I've renounced of my hercules rmx because I didn't wont to depend by my laptop....I'm glad that someone from pioneer found the time to answer me :((...Let's hope that togheter we can find the right solution to make  it work ! Excuse my english...

Rus Catalin 0 votes

still no answer :(...i check my email but nothing....it's possible that the rkordbox exe is in 32bit and that's why is not working on 64bit machine??? anyone???

Rus Catalin 0 votes

I have exactly the same problem, i too am on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit :( major headache Pioneer sort it out, aboslutely crap service its inexcusable in this day and age. After a google search there's many people who are having this EXACT same problem!!! Every other program i have installed on my laptop works a treat APART FROM REKORDBOX which will not and has not ever opened!!! TERRIBLE considering you are the most reputable dj manufacturer out there......................Think its time to try DENON that direct drive turntable platters VERY TEMPTING and their software WORKS!!!

Teknical Sounds 0 votes

Just installed it on my fiancees 32bit windows 7 and it worked fine :D looks like i'll have to use her laptop for Rekordbox until you fix the windows 64bit version

Teknical Sounds 0 votes

i don't think that they gonna sort this out...my first post was 7 mounth's ago and in 7 mounth's they not even try to solve this issue...not everyone can afford an macbook...why they can make an 32bit and an 64bit ??? many software have this option if u want to install an 32bit version u install that or u can install the 64bit version simple as that...on the rekordbox download site they dont mention if the software is working on 64bit "rekordbox is supported by the following operating systems:  Windows® 7 Home Premium / Professional / Ultimate / Windows 8 / Pro" .... :( in the download section they should put the option to choose the 32bit or the 64bit version...i'm quite shore that that's why is not working on my 64bit laptop because is an 32bit exe application...in troubleshot scaning it say's that "application is not compatible" see my video posted above...in 7 mounth's the pioneer "support" was ZERO!!!!!!!!!! the onlyone who tried to help me was BriChi who's not even one of the pioneer staff support...SHAME ON U PIONEER!!!

Rus Catalin 0 votes

@Rus > Sorry for the delay in responding; two trade shows back to back.

Do you possibly have an apostrophe in your computer's username (Eg. Bob's Computer)?

Also, does your user account have administrative rights?

Pulse 0 votes

@Pulse> I have no apostrophe on my pc user name...also i've disable the user account control...thnx for the reply ;)

Rus Catalin 0 votes