Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

Questions about Rekorbox

After years playing with CDs, Ive been using REKORDBOX and its great! I have some questions, need help with:

1. After importing tracks most of them appear with the "date added" to rekordbox, but some of them appear with the real "date added" as it appears on itunes. It will be much more useful to see the real date added, and sort in that way to be saved to the USB in that particular order.

2. No "Show in Playlist" key? It will be very useful to right click on a track in your collection and see in which playlists is included.

3. No "Show Playing track"? Lets say X track is playing, and it is included in Y playlist. The I star browsing other playlist and want to return to la playlist the track X is in, but remember exactly? What can I do, start looking into every playlist to find out? In iTunes Command + L will do it (just to explain what I mean).

4. Autoupdate from software to USB or HD. As a DJ you work your playlists everyday, change them, edit them, memory save cue points to tracks, create new playlists, etc etc... If want my USB updated everytime Im going out to play, do I have to delete the whole USB and then import the whole from software?

Please help, I love this Software, but Im not really sure if just me don't finding them out, or the software itself.

Thanks for the help.

Arturo Monge

Please sign in to leave a comment.

5 comments

That second feature would be great for me to! This would make my shows more manageable!

Fabian 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

In response to 2 and 3 (just out of sheer curiosity from my part) how do you envision those working? What if a track is in multiple playlists? What if you have one track playing on one of four decks - how do you select which track you want to return to the playlist for? And once again, what if there's more than one playlist that applies?

jean luc protocollie 0 votes

Hi Jean Luc, just like in iTunes. You right click a track from the library, and it displays an option "show in playlist" in which it shows you all the playlists its included, and if you click on that playlist you go to it. With my 3 question, I wasn't thinking about the track playing on decks, just the track that is playing on the screen, in the computer software, it will be like a "return to the playlist you played the track", just like iTunes does with the command + L

Thanks, 

Arturo Monge 0 votes

I insist it will be very useful to right click a track from your collection and show in which playlist(s) its included. 

Arturo Monge 0 votes

Feature 4. You can alter the Playlist by "Replacing" it, which as far as I can tell will only change the list itself, but doesn't seem to take ID3 tag changes... not sure about cues etc.

Karl P 0 votes