Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

1 follower Follow

Missing tracks after setting an empty Genre field in iTunes.

So I’ve just gone through about 100 tracks on the train and amended the Genre field from blank to a new Genre. I've gone back into Rekordbox to find that all the ones I’ve amended are no longer found/missing files? Is there a way of stopping this happening. I'm not amending the file path?

Thanks

Richie

Please sign in to leave a comment.

3 comments

@Richie > You amended the genre tags in rekordbox, closed rekordbox, re-opened rekordbox and then all the files are missing... Is this correct? Did you move the files around or anything in the Explorer / Finder view mode?

Gavin 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

@Gavin > Thanks for getting back to me. I'm updating empty genre fields in iTunes. When opening Rekordbox the same files then become missing files. I was reading the manual and it mentions a right click in the collection screen and clicking 'reload iTunes tag' - this option isn't there though so i'm assuming the manual is out of date.

I have also tried to drag a new track with genre already set into my collection and that doesn't carry the genre across.

Richie 0 votes

I'm basically trying to get my iTunes tidied up with smart playlists and correctly set genres so if I ever make the move to Serato or Traktor my job is already done collection wise. (with almost 14k tracks this is becoming slightly frustrating)

Richie 0 votes