Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Updating TAG information on USB device from Rekordbox Collection: How?

If ID3 information, like Key, Genre etc. are updated on the Rekordbox collection on HD, is there a way to update this on the USB device.

Rekordbox seems to know it's the same song/file because it won't add it twice on the USB, but it won't update the ID3 tag information.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Karl P

Please sign in to leave a comment.

4 comments

I found your comment in a PLEASE READ thread

• You made changes to the tags on your collection but they didn't sync with the export device
    Unfortunately there currently is no "sync" feature, you must manually re-export any changed tracks and the information will be updated.

What do you mean by "re-export". I do the Export Track to USB, yet the file tags remain unchanged.

Karl P 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

@Karl > We'll be releasing an updated version of rekordbox shortly which should hopefully resolve your issue without needing to re-export. Re-export simply means formatting the USB stick and exporting the data again.

Gavin 0 votes

Thanks Gavin. The other thread is only a hack to effectively redo the export as you suggest. Rekordbox doing the changed attributes would be ideal.

Other suggestions for next update

1. Updating Rating tag in RB still doesn't update the ID3 tag itself
  2. Filtering on the Collection (or additional Category filters), eg. show all 2013 tracks (year), then can sort on rating.
Karl P 0 votes