Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

No way to cancel relocation of missing files

I noticed that some of my files were flagged as missing, so I chose to display the missing files. This brings up the Missing File Manager and displays a huge list of missing files. I then select Relocate, and a file browser box pops up for me to manually locate each file individually.

Not only is this very inconvenient for more than a handful of missing files, but there is no way to cancel the procedure! Are users really expected to sit and find hundreds or even thousands of files one by one? Find, click, find, click, find, click......ad infinitum?

Please either automate the procedure or provide a cancel button!

GroovinDJ

Please sign in to leave a comment.

4 comments

You can ctrl or shift+select a bunch or all of the missing files, then click relocate, then browse for the first file it asks for and, once you find it, rekordbox will ask if you want to relocate other missing files based on the location of the first one you manually found. Click OK and rekordbox is usually pretty good at finding the rest even if they are not in the same folder. Give it a go.

I use a mac and when I open the missing files manager window there is the usual little red x button at the top left of the window to close the window if you want to and cancel the relocation... I'd guess it'd be the same story for the windows version? (except at top right)

hatrik 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

yeah, you're missing something I think, I am on Mac also and I just did some tests

If i rename a folder, go into RB and choose FILE/Display missing files, I can then see all the missing files, I hit "relocate" and then you MUST find the track it asks for at the top, a lot of people do not realize that, once you find that one track it will relocate all the other missing files in that window. I made a quick capture video here so you can see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya8odBXKHwI

if you choose not to relocate after the window pops up, I just press "ok" or hit the red exit circle on the left of the relocate window and it goes away. 

This is on 2.0.7 also, maybe you are using an older version?

BriChi 0 votes

I just had exactly the same problem. I had to force close my mac. 

Lee Heryet 0 votes

BriChi, thanks for the info, this worked a treat for me! 

Lee Heryet 0 votes