Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 followers Follow

[SOLVED] Rekordbox Stability?

I know most software has its bugs when its new, how is the current version of rekordbox. 

I have the Denon SC2900 and engine but really do not want to rely on an Ipad for a screen. 

I am considering going with the CDJ 2000 Nexus and rekordbox, is this a stable setup now. 

Dennis Kyser

Post is closed for comments.

14 comments

RB lately has been very stable for me, I love the program. It definitely needs some additions in the future but for the most part it's awesome

BriChi 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

@Dennis > Perhaps it had a little bit of a shaky start but rekordbox has been extremely stable for me also. We've got a great beta team working hard on each release and even they'd admit the updates come thick and fast. We've plenty of functionality to add over the life of rekordbox.

Many of the top acts that use Pioneer equipment are relying on rekordbox for their music management needs.

Gavin 0 votes

Thanks guys, I know nothing is perfect just trying to find the best solution for my needs. 

I am trying to eliminate the need for laptop and ipad all together. 

Dennis Kyser 0 votes

Then the Nexus is the way to go, The screen is great for browsing and the stability is definitely there. 

BriChi 0 votes

Wow, glad to hear these comments. Need to pick at least one nexus up and compare them side by side and play with rekordbox. I have a feeling this is the way I am headed. 

Dennis Kyser 0 votes

rekordbox is the one of the very few programs that occasionally crash on my iMac and MacBook (rb 2.0.7), but it's no big deal, it's perfectly fine to prepare the tracks and load them on an USB stick. It's not reliable at a level that can be used as a source of music for live DJing, but as long as it's used as a bridge to put music on a USB stick (SD card, CD etc.) and keep the computer away from the DJ booth rb is a good tool :)

Julia O 0 votes

It's not reliable at a level that can be used as a source of music for live DJing,

For me, I have a clean, 30,000 track library and have never had RB crash live on a gig, I use it minimum 1-5 events every week for the last 3 years and the earlier versions were a little buggy but the last  few releases this year have been very solid. 

I am not saying this is the case for you Julia, but most people i see with crashing RB issues is due to the fact they have illegally download, poorly encoded tracks from torrent sites with bad album art also

Yes, RB needs some work feature wise, but stability wise i have no complaints

BriChi 0 votes

Is there a good program to scan our collections and seek out problem files? I'm wondering if this is why I'm still having occasional crashes.

Fox 0 votes

I have never had a Rekordbox crash, and I was one of the early adopters.

However, I have a clean library with only WAV or AIFF files.  No MP3 files in my collection, not one.

Fuse Promote 0 votes

I tried to play once streaming from rekordbox and the whole system crashed miserably.

Furthermore rekordbox crashes once in a while during startup on my clean new iMac 27.Here is a list of programs running on that computer (and on my laptop) with exactly the same files that never crashed so far:

iTunes, Audacity, Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live.

For me rekordbox is an unreliable piece of software that is absolutely not ready for DJing live.

Julia O 0 votes

I agree with BriChi.

Im in the same position with 30k of music and it could be bad tracks mostly from my experience,  never had a Rb crash on a live perfomance.

When it comes to features, I miss the BarCounter like the phoneapp have.

Fredrik F 0 votes

Thanks Bri - picked up a bunch of problem files in my library and repaired them. Will give it a go and report back.

Fox 0 votes