Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

18 followers Follow

[SOLVED] Difference rekordbox 2.0.7 and 2.1.1?

hello gents, what is the difference in between rekordbox2.0.7 and 2.1.1.

what are the improvements?

looking forward to hear from you?

best regards

Geertjan

DJ Hendrickx

Post is closed for comments.

52 comments

The previous version was very stable. I'm gonna hold off a few days before I upgrade. I really wish the UI was just clearer to read and it was more user friendly. 

Smart playlists would be a nice feature so you could set playlists by genre and everytime you add a new track to your collection it automatically gets added to say a Deep House Folder or Classic House folder. Or does this already exist ?

Richie Barthez 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

you can pull out the genre pane and put the tracks in the respective folder.

i dont use that ..... i finde that genre is very hard to define.

RasmusBailey 0 votes

Do anybody had a look at the feature "Reveal which playlists include a selected track"

Where can i find it?

Chris 0 votes

@Julia I can't PM you on these forums and I don't want to post off topic but if you ever encounter any other issues, feel free to contact me directly or post in the support forum for Rekord Buddy. It pretty much works flawlessly right now.

Damien Sirkis 0 votes

@Chris Right click on a track and you should see a menu item named "Playlists including this track".

Damien Sirkis 0 votes

Hi Damien, thank you for the interest. Unfortunately rekordbuddy doesn't cut it for me. I work mostly in rekordbox/CDJ and I occasionally want to sync traktor with the rb collection. As far as I understood it is not possible to do this easily due to traktor's own limitations.

Julia O 0 votes

@Julia It's totally possible and very easy to do (I do it all the time to use Traktor with HID and the CDJs :)

Drop me a line on the Next Audio forums, I don't want to hijack this thread.

Damien Sirkis 0 votes

Does this uodate 2.1.1 fix the xdj r1 and aero issues yet? -

Kerry Ashford 0 votes

Unfortunately sync between rekordbox 2.1.1 and usb/sd don't work for the hot cue bank list's. It also not working when a file is changed, lets say for another (same track) file with better bitrate (quality). In that case sync just updates the usb drive and keep the old file too and you have to remove it manualy from the hdd.

Anastasio 0 votes

@tasos: You are right :( (Tried to write this in a new thread, but no respons): I usually do all my cues from the CDJ linked to rb when I prepare my playlist. Then I export the playlist to my SD with all the cues. But this does not happen in rb 2.1.1. The "including cue points" button is on. I luckily kept 2.0.7 and re exported the playlist with all the cues with success. Anybody else experience this?

TouchDown 0 votes

Still no luck with implement things like the Mobile App have...

THE Bar Counter !!!

Fredrik F 0 votes

@tasos  & touchdown I can export hotcues and cue points fine using the sync function from rb to a sd card

cdjbasile 0 votes

@cdjbasile: Is this with a fresh export, or are the files on the device? In my case the files already was in another playlist on the device, but without cues, before I re-exported with the cues.

TouchDown 0 votes

I wiped my sd card and re-exported everything from 2.1.1 to it

cdjbasile 0 votes

Then made a few changes after that (inc hot cues and cues) that transferred fine

cdjbasile 0 votes

cdjbasile i mean the H.Cue Bank List in rekordbox. They don't get synced. Everything else get's synced but also if i remove some tracks from rekordbox and the connect a usb drive and hit sync, they might be removed from the playlist's in the usb drives, but the tracks are not removed like i did in rekordbox.

Even so, it's a very good new feature that was missing, and it saves me alot of work. In future updates i'm sure they improve it.

Anastasio 0 votes

With this update, is it necessary to re-analyze each tracks and will I have to re-set all my cue points? 

6Sixx 0 votes

I've updated from 2.0.7 to 2.1.1, there's no need to reanalyze the tracks. Hot cues I don't know (I don't use them), but I think that they won't be lost in the upgrade.

Julia O 0 votes

No, its not necessary to re-analyse the tracks - that was a one-time occurrence. Nothing will be lost in the update.

Gavin 0 votes