Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 followers Follow

Rekordbox on OSX 10.9 Mavericks

Hey everyone,

I realize that, in the past, Rekordbox has not been supported on major upgrades to operating systems until a version comes out that explicitly states so.  While I have no plans to upgrade Rekordbox until after my series of Halloween gigs (looks like some of you are having some pretty serious problems with the new version), I was wondering if anyone upgraded to OSX 10.9 today, has tried Rekordbox, and can comment on stability of the software and of Pro DJ LINK.  Mavericks has been in the hands of developers for quite some time, but I doubt that the Rekordbox team has put any time in on it (here's hoping they have!).

For my fellow OSX users, the upgrade to 10.9 is free as long as you have a supported computer (almost every modern Mac) and run at least Snow Leopard 10.6.7.

Just curious.  Thanks in advance.

Epiphenomenon

Please sign in to leave a comment.

17 comments

I installed, so far so good. It seems to take a little longer to close sometimes but most of the time it is very quick. i have not linked yet, I will maybe let that run overnight through a playlist

BriChi 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Thanks guys, was gonna ask the same question myself.

Richie Barthez 0 votes

which version of rb Brichi?

I am not upgrading to 2.2 and i hope the version before works with mavericks.

Julia O 0 votes

i wish that rekordbox answer us about the new osx 10.9 if it works fine with rekordbox or we have to wait for a new update

DJ FADY 0 votes

I used the latest version of RB all weekend on Mavericks and had no issues other then the usual ones that exist with all of the OS versions, so no new issues

BriChi 0 votes

yes, sorry, was not sure of the number and I wasnt able to check quick

BriChi 0 votes

I have everything Rekordbox-ready for Halloween, so I'm going to upgrade to Mavericks and 2.2.0 and I'll duplicate BriChi's tests.  Mine will be on CDJ-900s.

Epiphenomenon 0 votes

hello ,what about your experience with mavericks,any problem with rekordbox live on stage??

DJ FADY 0 votes

I haven't had any live yet, My issues I have so far are all existing ones non maverick related and I notice since I put mavericks on if i put the mac to sleep, and then wake it, RB is "not responding" and I have to force quit

BriChi 0 votes

I meant to say """"""""I haven't had any issues live yet,""""

BriChi 0 votes

cdj2000+rekordbox2.2.0+mavericks: it was fine yesterday live on stage

DJ FADY 0 votes

I haven't upgraded to Rekordbox v2.2.0 yet, but I did upgrade to Mavericks.  I've played about 14 hours live (three separate gigs; different days) over Pro DJ LINK since the upgrade, and I didn't have any problems.  I'll try 2.2.0 soon.

Epiphenomenon 0 votes

There's a huge issue with Mavericks, nothing to do with rb, but it's not off topic here: it seems that Mavericks wipes external hard disks, especially the Western Digital ones, but also other brands. So if you have your rekordboxed music on an external drive, you should avoid upgrading.

Here the thread on the Apple forum, but you can also find many articles online: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5475136

Apparently Pioneer is not the only company out there that leaves something to desire when beta testing...

Julia O 0 votes

I upgraded a few weeks ago to Maveriks and had no problems. I also have a WD External drive and luckily its not been wiped! 

Lee Heryet 0 votes