Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

1 follower Follow

Migration to another Macbook Pro

Hi there..

i have migrated my library as explained in one of your posts.... My tracks, playlists, cue points and everything is there.  However the Gridlines are not so the click doesn't work..... Does this mean I have to reanalyse everything and reedit my grid lines ??

Heidi Manning

Please sign in to leave a comment.

18 comments

it means most likely that the path is wrong so if you named the macbook something different on your home directory, the connection is not being made between the track and the wave date, for example 

if you old macbook was

/USERNAME/Library/Pioneer

and now you called it

/USERNAME123/Library/Pionrer

the link is now broke between the data and where it thinks it "should" be

BriChi 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Hey thanks for the reply......but my names are the same and I've copied the exact paths.... Everything has transferred fine just not the grid lines they all need analysing again which is days of work.

Heidi Manning 0 votes

in my past experience I had this and it was the name, even if it's just a space vs no space. I have my name as Brian Chiaino on one mac and BrianChiaino on another and the paths were gone, I had to create a new username with the space in it

BriChi 0 votes

can you confirm the data is in the folder

navigate to /users/dj/library/Pioneer/Rekordbox/PIONEER/USBANLZ

in the USB folder make sure it is filled with folders, should have copied from the old macbook

BriChi 0 votes

I'm on a Macbook Pro... It looks different, the second Pioneer folder isn't there but I unhid all files and copied it word for word like it says in the instructions

Heidi Manning 0 votes

The second Pioneer Folder isn't even in my original pioneer folder either

Heidi Manning 0 votes

Yes, that second Pioneer folder is there with the USBANLZ in there..... I have just recopied it all again and it still doesn't show the gridlines so the click doesn't work..... Everything else is there tho and all music works... I am stumped

Heidi Manning 0 votes

try changing the path settings in the RB like below, Maybe the path was different on the old and the default is different

I attached a pic of how mine is

BriChi 0 votes

sorry man, I tried. Maybe someone from Pioneer can help put

BriChi 0 votes

No problem... I've just changed my directory too and re copied it all and its still the same.. everything works except the grids :-( xx

Heidi Manning 0 votes

I'm still struggling with this can anyone help ?? Xxx

Heidi Manning 0 votes