Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

[SOLVED] EXTREMELY slow 1st Rekordbox sync to SD Card but fast transfer via Finder

Trying to understand why I'm having extremely slow synchronization speeds. Legitimately deathly slow, yet when I try copying multiple files/folders large or small it is super fast. (Not within rekordbox but by simply dragging and dropping in a finder window. I'm using the latest model Macbook Pro Retina 15" maxed out 2.6ghz i7 quad core, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD Hard Drive. Tried testing on internal card reader as well as a USB 3.0 media card reader as well and it's the same slow results.  The SD card is a 64GB San Disk Extreme Pro 95mb/sec SDXC card. Prior to purchasing I did the research about formatting to FAT 32 (which is what I've done). I know the 1st sync is always the most time consuming because in reality it is about 50GB or so. Going on 2 hours or now and rekordbox says 16% , but finder says 40GB has been used already on the actual disk. As I said copying files or folders is REALLY fast. no issues there no matter what size. Maybe syncing all of the cue points, loops, and files, and analyzations is what is time consuming especially for the very first sync? I also have 2 64GB san disk extreme USB 3.0 drive which usually gets like 215mb/sec. Hopefully I'm not simply blinded and  spoiled by the speed of those sticks :( - So far we are going on 2.5 hours. Going to give it time to see when it finishes and to see how fast every transfer there after would be. Is it easy to manage rekordbox playlists not using the sync feature and simply using the export to SD/USB feature instead. Just seems more intuitive/easier clicking checkboxes

Dominic Carter

Post is closed for comments.

6 comments

copying to SD from RB is EXTREMELY slow, A lot depends on the write speed to the SD card but either way, the speed is soooooooooo slow from RB to an SD vs just dragging files to an SD so it's not just you

BriChi 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

It's so strange to me considering I don't have that problem with USB. They are both "media" devices. Even when using the USB 3.0 card reader I saw the exact same slow results. Well it's good to know I'm not the only one but its frustrating because I got so excited to use SD cards instead of USB sticks because of the "Trap Door" functionality and secure peace of mind feeling compared to the risk of USB sticks becoming accidentally disconnected etc. Any better results exporting via rekordbox instead of syncing? 

Dominic Carter 0 votes

yup, I hear ya, Even USB 2 transfers in RB pretty quick, theres some kinda bottleneck with RB and SD cards, I guess the engineers haven't figured this out yet

BriChi 0 votes

Even with trying to trick the system with USB based card readers as well? This is unfortunate because this speeds is almost unbearable. I would really have to plan in advance and not have the ability to make major last minute changes before gigs. The fact that rekordbox cannot be used at all to make cue points/loops while syncing/exporting hurts my feelings too hah.

Dominic Carter 0 votes

It's not just copying audio, it's also building and modifying the external database files.

Pulse 0 votes