Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

[OPEN] Traffic light system within rekordbox.

Hi guys,

Either I am failing to find the option or it does not exist.. As we all are aware of the traffic light system for key compatibliity and the usefulness of it .. as I mainly load my tracks straight out of rekordbox, downside is rekordbox does not utilise a traffic light system.

Now I know I can sort by key, but they are not sorted in to compatibility its just simply A to Z sorted ..

I would like to know if key compatibility traffic lighted within Rekordbox when connected to my CDJ 2K NXS's through LINK is available and how I can enable it; OR I would like to suggest it for an update!

Cheers,

Sander

Sander de Koning

Please sign in to leave a comment.

11 comments

@Sander > Have you analysed the key of the tracks within rekordbox?

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

certainly have, otherwise I couldn't use it on the CDJ's either ..

Sander de Koning 0 votes

FYI, I drag and drop my tracks straight out of rekordbox to the CDJ's through the LINK interface at the bottom of the window.. but the keys don't light up as compatible within the rekordbox browser on my mac.

Sander de Koning 0 votes

Just to clarify, rekordbox is capable of managing key information even if it comes from another source (eg. Mixed in Key). I was confirming that your tracks had been key analysed with rekordbox rather than a 3rd party software.

Pulse 0 votes

Ah yeah oke, so yes: Rekordbox is the only key analysing software I use.

Sander de Koning 0 votes

I have the same problem with the cdj 900 nexus not getting the traffic light system any recommendations

decky23 0 votes

.... read guys ... I want to be able to get the traffic light in rekordbox, not on my cdj decks.

Sander de Koning 0 votes

Sorry, I think I understand now -- the traffic light system is not designed to be used within rekordbox, only on the hardware of the CDJ.

Pulse 0 votes

So in theory the music should be analysed in rekordbox then transfered to a usb stick then the traffic light system should work right?

decky23 0 votes