Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

7 followers Follow

[TICKETED] Save history as playlist gives incomplete history

Hi,

I'm an active club DJ from the Netherlands, playing at a few resident nightclubs every Thursday, Friday and Saturday. All the clubs I play at have two or three CDJ 2000 Nexus' and a DJM 900. After a gig, I usually save the history as a playlist and put them in a custom history folder (because I can't rename nor order the original history lists).

I however haven't been able to do so since the past ~5 months. Each time I try to save history list as playlist, the created playlist is incomplete. For example I have 200 tracks in the history list, but the created playlist only contains 20-30 tracks. RekordBox also deletes the original history list, which is pretty annoying (I have backups, don't worry).

Is anybody else having this problem too? I'm pretty annoyed because I really can't work with the hundreds of HISTORY XXX names. It's messing up my 'administration', if you know what I mean.

B4WD

Please sign in to leave a comment.

19 comments

I've just upgraded by RekordBox to the most recent version but it is still happening.

B4WD 0 votes

Yep I had the same problem recently, not sure how many of my history lists are incorrect now I have started looking back.  This was using the 2.2.1 version on mountain lion via pro DJ link.

Shane White 0 votes

I think tracks that are played for less of 30 sec wont be saved in history (for example an acapella). They should change that.

Anastasio 0 votes

That isn't really the case, tasos. The history list itself is complete, but once I press the button to convert the history list to a playlist (in RekordBox), the newly created list is incomplete.

B4WD 0 votes

Oh well, i will check this out also. But what i say is true. Try to play a song for a few seconds, lets say 10 to 30(max) sec, and you realize this wont be saved to history.

Anastasio 0 votes

I know tracks won't be saved when they're not played for longer than X seconds, that's okay and not my problem. My problem is that some of the SAVED tracks in history are disappearing once I'm exporting them to a playlist.

B4WD 0 votes

I think tracks that are played for less of 30 sec wont be saved in history (for example an acapella). They should change that.

Definitely not, they used to and it sucked, maybe try a different method but definitely for now leave as is, I hated the original method when RB was released if I loaded a track to listen for 5 seconds and then decided not to play that it marked it as played, I wound up with so many tracks in my history that i really never played

Maybe they should try seratos method at least where the track is not marked played unless it is switched to "ON AIR" via the mixer or the master feature is switched to the other deck after a mix, obviously certain mixers would be needed but it is an option that can be added, Once they get the software to work right to begin with :)

BriChi 0 votes

Works for me also the "on air" method. Or at least give us the option what to do..

Anastasio 0 votes

Great. If engineers need more information, please contact me. Eventually I can create and upload a backup of my RekordBox library.

B4WD 0 votes

Having the same problem since the last update. Some history playlists are still seen on the USB, and some are automatically imported to Rekordbox but only contain 4 or 5 tracks.

Born To Funk 0 votes

I haven't tried any longer. The club I'm resident DJ at has CDJ 2000 Nexus' and I'm regularly getting E-8302 messages that require me to restart the player (and other player if I'm playing a song through link). I updated the firmware months ago, but the issue was still there. So since then I'm now using an USB per CDJ so I can restart the player without interruption of the music. This way I won't have one list of my history (in correct order), but two or three different history lists. Doesn't make it interesting for me to even save history as playlists any longer, so I really don't know if the problem is still there. I can try for you later this week if you'd like. Were there any updates made to fix this issue?

B4WD 0 votes

@B4WD > It's possible although I don't have any direct product notes to that effect. It may well have been an issue with the database or export database, but without attempting several different trials (such as wiping an export drive and attempting to re-export a handful of tracks known to be problematic), it's hard to say. If the engineers have any updates to the situation it would be available in future updates.

Pulse 0 votes

Hi, i have the same issue.

I think the problem it is that i have changed the computer and now, when i import the history form external media after dj set, the playlist is incomplete.

When i solved this issue? If i create new library in the new computer with all mp3 media i solved this problem?

Thank you.

Francesco Grande 0 votes

I can't believe its almost 2019 and Pioneer hasn't fixed this

Just played the most epic afters set....ran straight home to my computer to "save" the playlist because I wanted to record it for promo.....and for some reason wasn't able to drag and drop the history into a new playlist like i believe Ive done in the past (not in a long time tho) 

So I tried doing it the proper way and used the "import playlist" function

Well what was originally a list of 65 tracks all in the proper order in which i played them turned into a random list of 33 tracks....and now after its been imported to my computer the history has been entirely deleted from my USB

Is there anyway to recover the original playlist containing the 65 tracks in their proper order?

Please say yes

And if not......why even have that function at all.....what good is a random list of 33 tracks going to do me.....why would enable your program to permanently destroy the art that your customers are so desperately passionate about?

Seems like every other program out there has an "UNDO" function of some sort....why not you guys Pioneer?

mark intheDark 0 votes

@mark > Were you playing from two separate USB drives? That would result in half the list (33 tracks vs. 65 tracks).

Pulse 0 votes

I think that I have something to add on that matter.
I played a set. Most of played tracks were newly bought ones, imported from my workstation PC.

After the party I went on a road and put the USB to my laptop, wanting to browse through history and reflect on mistakes, good mixes and such.

The only tracks that appeared on that HISTORY file, were the ones that were alraedy in laptop collection. All the new tracks (imported form PC) were missing from History file.

Is there ANY way to retrieve that? It's absurd that this data isn't stored in any txt form (or is it?) or any other accessible way.

Cheers, please fix or help Pioneer.

Łukasz Brzozowski 0 votes

Only songs played from the internal library are stored in the history; songs played from an export device can't be stored locally, and unfortunately they also aren't logged to the export device's history either (something noted for future updates).

Pulse 0 votes