Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

6 followers Follow

[OPEN] Rekordbox not able to find mobile devices

So I just got rekordbox and have set everything up but having issues synching my iphone with the application.  I'm certain that wifi is working as both my laptop & iphone are able to connect online via wifi.  When I go to the devices section of Rekordbox I click on the icon below the strorage trees.  After clicking I then get a message "No mobile device was found.  Please confirm Wifi settings".  I also have downloaded the app to both my iPhone & iPad and no luck.  Any ideas?

Sebastian Cariaga Answered

Post is closed for comments.

17 comments

in the app you have to press "connect" also so it searches for RB 

so on the phone open RB and press connect then on the laptop RB have it search for the device

BriChi 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Thanks yes I did that as well with the same result. Still not finding my iPhone :(

Sebastian Cariaga 0 votes

I'm having the same issue - my tablet and my macbook are both connected to my wifi network, but rekordbox can't see the mobile device. I am using VPN on my computer right now - will try again without VPN shortly, but don't seem to be able to see the mobile device that is running rekordbox.

facebook name 0 votes

When I tried to connect with my mac while the mac was connected without VPN (directly to my router) the problem went away. I was able to see the mobile devices. Problem solved.

facebook name 0 votes

Still no luck for me.  I tried direct connection to the router (airport extreme) and still not seeing devices.  Also I'm not aware of any firewall.  I currently sync my iphone over wifi through iTunes so I know there isn't an issue there.  Any other ideas?

Sebastian Cariaga 0 votes

@facebook name > Yeah, VPN will not play nice with what you want to do - the entire purpose of VPN is to create a secure tunnel between your computer and the VPN servers and typically all traffic is sent over that connection.

@Sebastian > I haven't tested it with an AirportExtreme, but is there any traffic management on the AE which might affect the communication between devices, regardless of whether your iTunes wifi sync works? rekordbox link is nothing like any other program - it generates a MASSIVE amount of packet communication and can occasionally be detected as malicious traffic.

Pulse 0 votes

I have the same problem guys:" no mobile device was found. Please confirm WiFi settings". I am using a TP-Link, model M5360.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Jacques Erasmus 0 votes

@Jacques > Have you disabled your firewall within the operating system?

Pulse 0 votes

I also have the same issue. Open Rebordbox on ipad and select connect to computer. Then on the computer under devices click on the connect button. A message pop up says would you like to use this Ipad. Select yes and nothing happens.

Clive Foley 0 votes

Even tried with AVG disabled and windows Firewall turned off. Still no joy...

Clive Foley 0 votes

Got it working now, seem like it an issue with windows firewall. Simply open Window Firewall from setting. (Control Panel - System and Security - Window Firewall)

Then select Allow an app or feature through Window Firewall. Then everything labelled with Rekordbox program file, ProDJ Link System Manager and ProDJ Link NFS Server is ticked.

Click ok and reboot and you should be ok.

Just a shame Pioneer could help us with that...

Clive Foley 1 vote

Hmm... that's funny, because nobody seemed to try this and figure out if the firewall was the problem last time I posted it:

Pulse 0 votes

...and @Clive > If your firewall was truly off, it would allow ALL traffic through, without needing to have permissions set, so clearly that wasn't the problem the first time.

Pulse 0 votes

Pulse, 

I have disabled the firewall, read several other post on this forum, watched and followed the directions of youtube videos posted by Pulse.  Still no luck wrt resolving the "No mobile device was found." "Please check wifi connections." issue that I am experiencing with connecting my rekordbox mobile device to rekordbox on my Mac.  

Are there other troubleshooting procedures that can or should be followed after disabling the firewall that results in an unsuccessful connection?

jay coats 0 votes

Hello.
"No mobile device found" please check wi fi connections" I have disable firewall and antivirus. I can not connect my divice. Please help!!!!!!!!!!😓😓😓😓

Pedro Toaquiza 0 votes