Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

5 followers Follow

rekordbox v2.2.3

Is it possible to download RB 2.2.3 (or earlier) or is there going to be a fix for 2.2.4 very soon?

Shªun_N

Please sign in to leave a comment.

22 comments

No it is not possible. It is an absurd and obtuse policy of Pioneer about which I (and many others) constantly complain.

Since Pioneer is not able to release reliable software they should let us download older version. Every other company in this business allows to download earlier versions (Native Instruments, Ableton and so on…). Why not Pioneer?

Julia O 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

WHY doesnt people DL and keep the previous versions for them self as a backup ??

I understand IF you are new to this, but most of us here have been around for awhile.

And I think if you can get older versions if you contact support.

Fredrik F 0 votes

I also keep my downloads but it is still bad practice from a software supplier to supply only the last version.

If somebody starts today with rekordox will get the 2.2.4 which we know is a disaster.

P.S: By the way, apparently I cannot find anymore my download of rb 2.1.1 (the one I'm using now), and my time machine backup does not cover anymore the day I downloaded it...so when I'll decide to hurt myself by installing rb 2.2.something I'll contact you BriChi to ask you a copy of the file :D

Julia O 0 votes

my 2.2.4 is absolutely screwed some of the things im getting in the beatgrid is crazy, i mean i have seen some tracks being .1 out and stuff but some of the tracks im pulling in are unreadable!

Zeus Tunage 0 votes

With regards to beat gridding, 2.2.4 is absolute dire, and that's being kind.

I know the tracks I have are spot on. They are perfect with Traktor.

In RB, the same tracks' beat grid will be OK for the first half of the track (at most) and will drift second half. Sounds like a galloping horse with the metronome on.

Frustrating because I KNOW these tracks' beat grid are correct, as they are in other software.

Shªun_N 0 votes

Pio needs to make different versions of RB avail...... this is beyond a joke now

Zeus Tunage 0 votes

I re-analyzed my tracks in Dynamic mode and they seem to be OK.

Better than in Normal mode anyway.

Shªun_N 0 votes

Just a word of warning- don't use Dynamic mode if you have BPM changes in your tracks (and use BPM Sync on the CDJs) just cause it sounds "Dynamic" it could mess you up in a live set if there are 120-90-120 BPM style changes... u'll get the return of Alvin, Simon & Theodore :D

maDJam 0 votes

All my tracks are Hard Dance so are produced in studios.

Beats are between 140bpm - 155bpm.

Is there any reason not to use Dynamic analyzing?

I don't use the Sync feature anyway so not bothered about that.

I have just found that re-analyzing my tracks from Normal mode to Dynamic has given me better result with regards to the beat grids.

This shouldn't affect the overall performance of the tracks when playing on my CDJs via rekordbox, should it?

Shªun_N 0 votes

Also, I've noticed that the BPM fluctuates in rekordbox when tracks are analysed in Dynamic mode.

Will this be reflected on the CDJ, or will the player show a constant BPM?

Shªun_N 0 votes

Question: Is there any reason not to use Dynamic analyzing?

Answer: BPM fluctuates in rekordbox when tracks are analysed in Dynamic mode

There ya go :D 

Yes the changes will be displayed on the CDJs when playing live- hence why "Normal" is actually much better... unless u recorded tracks from vinyl (and the pitch of the turntable was at +/-0% that usually means the speed is not consistent)- even if they're digitally mastered the Dynamic mode will analyze each measure/bar on it's own

maDJam 0 votes

I guess I answered my own question :)

I've re-analyzed them in Normal mode now.

However, I do hope there is a RB update soon as the beat-gridding is utter garbage :\

Shªun_N 0 votes

has anybody experience with mixvibes? the version with rb sync costs 50 €. If it works better than rb (i'm a bit skeptic...) it could be an easy solution.

Julia O 0 votes

Mixvibes Cross DJ FREE is... FREE :) if you get version 3.0.1 it sync's with rekordbox not perfectly... but most info is transfered- 

all you gotta do in rekordbox is go to File-> Export Playlist Information & save that file

Then in CrossDJ Free go to Collection -> Import Third Party Database open the file saved in the previous step. 

Since version 2.5 it works in parallel with rekordbox- ver 3.0.1 got released a few months ago. Highly recommended  (& a rekordbox developer)

maDJam 0 votes

From what I read here on their website the free version does not support rb sync: http://www.mixvibes.com/products/cross There's even a pdf to download with a comparison table which says that cross dj free does not support rekorbox sync.

What you write here to me seems the instructions to import a rb database into mixvibes. I guess that works with cross dj free too, but actually i'm looking for the opposite: analyzing tracks with mixvibes and sending them to my USB drive (or to to rb first as it seems from the pictures there).

I do not want to dj with mixvibes, i just want to understand if mixvibes is a better and easier choice for analyzing tracks.

Their website is quite bad IMHO, lot of fluff and nice pictures but the only information I can find about rb sync is in a video that it does not open because of the firewall in my office :P

Julia O 0 votes

yeah agree with ya Julia-  the website is pretty to look at, but the details aren't there... the video is just as colorful and animated without the details of how rekordbox sync works with cross. I figured out how to sync (one direction) rekordbox to cross via their forum. Cross 3.0 has some good reviews since it's release in January but I'm not gonna be using it- just experimenting with what goes on between rb & cross (and since mixvibes are the team behind rekordbox the layout and menus are similar). As for beat analysis it is a little better and the waveform can be Blue (rekordbox), Purple or my fav RGB so Red is Bass, Mid is blue and high is yellow- very cool feature!

I'm stll using 2.2.3 for now until the next update (with better beat detection) gets released. 

maDJam 0 votes

I have Mixvibes Cross, i originally got it because Traktor does not have HID support for my CDJ-850's but as it turns out, i don't use it very often. One of the features of Mixvibes is the ability to import Traktor libraries and another is to sync the Mixvibes library with Rekordbox.

It actually works very well, i use it as a 'go between' to get my Traktor playlists into Rekordbox, including cue points and grids.

A word of warning though, the Rekordbox sync does not work with Rekordbox versions prior to 2.2.3, in fact it was one of the fixes in 2.2.3 (rekordbox .xml fix). Previous versions create playlists and files that do not work properly and even cause my CDJ-850s to lock up and stop reading from USB.

Bottom line is, if you want to use the Rekordbox sync in Mixvibes, you need Rekordbox 2.2.3 ;)

Dave Ashford 0 votes

I'm not going to get mixvibes. I've done some research and I think i'll move my workflow to Traktor + KeyFinder to analyze the tracks, then Rekordbuddy to convert, and use rekordbox merely as a tool to write the data on my usb sticks. The less things rekordbox does, the less harm can inflict to me :)

Julia O 0 votes

Haha I agree about keeping Rekordbox to a minimum! A word of warning about using multiple DJ software though. Each software has its own key detection algorithm and they actually produce different results sometimes. For example, stuff you analyse in Traktor may show up in Rekordbox as having a different key. On top of this, sometimes the software will look at the key info that has already been analysed and written to tags, and simply alter it to its own format ( open key, Camelot, etc.). But if the same tracks are analysed later the result can actually change to a different value!

Dave Ashford 0 votes

Yes that is true, indeed the "key"  :P here is to use rekordbuddy at the end of the analysis: rekordbuddy translates all the stuff done by traktor into rb format, there is no need to analyze anything in rb. Rb in my case will only be a tool used to put data on the usb sticks.

I read some reviews of the key algorithm detection and I saw that both traktor and rekordbox are not very good (although some reviews seem to be postive for rb), therefore I want to use the free Keyfinder. Traktor can be configured to not analyze the key so it will not change/overwrite what keyfinder says.

So the sequence would be:

1. download (or rip from my records or create new stuff with ableton) the music, check it with mp3 scan & repair, organize tags and give star rating with itunes (tho i might get rid of itunes in the future)

2. analyze keys with keyfinder

3. analyze beatgrids with traktor (preventing traktor from changing key)

4. convert the traktor database into rb database with rekordbuddy

5. put the music on the usb sticks with rekordbox

I still use traktor to gig occasionally when i do not have cdjs with usb, so I have to analyze tracks with traktor anyway. This way I should save some time and troubles starting from traktor.

Julia O 0 votes

Cool, it sounds like you have it all figured. I used to use Mixed In Key until Traktor included key detection, but as you already said, the Traktor key detection isn't fantastic. I still find it to be the best all round DJ software though.

It's a shame we have to use third party software to get good results in Rekordbox. I have it working quite well in 2.2.3 so I'm not upgrading for a while!

Dave Ashford 0 votes