Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

1 follower Follow

Move Rekordbox files to ext HD?

This maybe a stupid simple question, but only just did my first USB gig at weekend and loved it.

I have all my DJ tracks and files on a large ext 1TB HD but with Rekordbox installed on my Mac, I dragged the 60 or so current tunes i have into Rekordbox and think these have gone into my Mac (i also renamed some for the USB stick) did this copy and make a '2nd version' of the track?

Could I move my Rekordbox folder of tracks back to my ext HD so everything for DJing is together (incase I reformat etc?) is there a simple way to move my base folder of Rekordbox to an ext HD and it always launch (and add new tracks when i get them) to the ex HD?

Secondly I did the format, BPM, key and cue points, plus all my settings - which all worked great in the CDJ2000nxs on the night, the only thing was my settings didnt really update? I chose +10% on the settings but CDJ stayed at 6%?? What did i do wrong?

Thirdly! Can I use Rekordbox to organise my whole huge DJ selection (on the ext HD) so they are BPM and key sorted into Rekodbox playlists BUT never export them all for a gig to my USB stick? I probably have about 80GB of tunes, which I think would benefit for them all inside Rekordbox as a key/bpm system BUT a 16GB USB - do i just only TICK the playlists I want sorting to export and not my 1000's of tracks, loops and samples?

Thanks for any help as I've just converted to USB and love it.

Mike Samson

Please sign in to leave a comment.