Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 followers Follow

[SOLVED] Release Date Field NOT being filled.

Hi all...

Ever since i can remember i have bee using Tag & rename to tag all my aiff files in preperation to put them into rekordbox.

I have noticed recently that the "Release Date" field is being left blank once i import a song into rekordbox.

It is definitely an issue with rekordbox because the songs that i imported a while back have the release date field filled out but if i were to re-import an old song then the release date field is blank...

has anybody else out there encountered this issue.. im not sure when the issue started, and im sure its a quick fix for the superb coders over at rekordbox HQ..

many thanks..

Jb

Post is closed for comments.

16 comments

Hi Jb, thanks for letting us know, I will tell someone and let you know what we find. 

thank you

Ric Wainwright 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Hi peeps, so now when i put a new tune into rekordbox it is still not filling the info panel's release date but it is filling the release date column BUT the data is incorect..

I have changed nothing so this is still a rekordbox issue...

Can anybody else confirm this issue?

many thnajks.

Jb 0 votes

@Jb > The engineers note:

The user may have input the release date in the former version of rekordbox. 

The release date was written in the rekordbox database, but not on the ID3 tag. 

When the track is deleted from the Collection and then it is reimported, any information which was input previously will not be displayed. 

Which version of rekordbox are you running and is this error only occurring on AIFF files?

Pulse 0 votes

If you read my initial message you will see that i use an external (known working) program to tag my songs, i do not use rekord box for this.

i have just installed the latest version. (3.2.0)

If i tag a song with my tagging program with the date "2013 01 01" and load it into rekordbox, rekordbox displays "12 14 2013", please can your engineer confirm that they have the same incorect result...

many thanks.

Jb 0 votes

@Jb > I understand that, I used to use T&R myself - fantastic program.

Can you please attach or link one of your tracks? I think it could simply be how the tag is stored that it's not reading by rekordbox properly.

Pulse 0 votes

@Jb > The engineers have noted that T&R allows you to put whatever you want into the Release Date field, but in order for rekordbox to read that field properly, it must be in the format YYYY-MM-DD. Please give that a try.

Pulse 0 votes

Hi peeps..

For years I have been entering the released date field as "0000 00 00" and have never had a problem... It seems at some point rekordbox has been updated and now needs "0000-00-00"  (notice the "-") im unaware if this is standard or not but now none of my songs display the release date field when newly imported. Is it possible for rekordbox to recognise "0000 00 00" AND "0000-00-00"

i only ask because my way originally worked and i used that method because rekordbox understood it,, now you have changed something and it will cause me much work to fix.

many thanks.

Jb 0 votes

Is this why Rekordbox doesn't recognise the released date from tracks bought at Beatport? I am really having major issues with Rekordbox recognising the key and release date which is already provided. Is there a solution to this problem other than manually changing everything?

Nick James 0 votes

I think I have solved the problem I was having.

To get the release date to export correctly from Beatport Pro you need to include "Street" in Preferences>Export>Write the following metadata to the comments

AND make sure Separate each frame with is blank (I think it defaults to //)

In terms of the key, recently Beatport seem to be using Bmaj or Bmin rather than B or Bm. Rekordbox doesn't recognise those. I used software called MetaBliss to do a global search and replace of maj with nothing and min with m

My music library is starting to look a bit better now

Nick James 0 votes

@Nick > Thanks for posting that info. Part of the problem is while these metadata fields exist, there are either no standards or loose standards. Sure it would be great for the program to be able to identify the incoming data no matter the order, but your solution of using a find-and-replace is the best solution at this time.

Pulse 0 votes

I cant get that to work but i find it strange that it works fine in Traktor and Itunes, come on Pioneer I have only just switched over from Traktor and already having problems.  

Mark Hoole 0 votes

maybe its something that will be sorted with future update, can a request be put forward?

Mark Hoole 0 votes

Apparently this issue was fixed in rekordbox 3.2.1 but the release notes didn't reflect this part of the update. Please give it a try and if you have any other troubles, please start a new topic and link back to this thread, we'll help you out!

Pulse 0 votes