Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

1 follower Follow

[OPEN] signal drops when doing multiple backspins in a row (CDJ, USB, rekordbox)

Hello there,

I am l playing with USB sticks which i prepare with the latest rekordbox. Playing with different kinds of cdjs at different clubs I noticed the same malfunction:

when I do a long backspin at the end of a transition or multiple backspins in a row, the signal drops out for like 0.3sec , it seems like the data loading/buffering needs to catch up with the current track position. the same drops occure when i spin the jog wheel forward to fast forward through the track.

Is there a cure for that?

Use better USB sticks? (I'm allready using the most expensive USB sticks they had at the electronics store - they were like 40$ each)

thanks in advance!

peace,

michael

michael pfeiffer

Please sign in to leave a comment.

3 comments

The reverse buffer is much shorter than the forward buffer, and that amount is limited / determined by the model of player and the speed of your USB device in filling the buffer. For example, a CDJ900 has a much smaller and slower buffer than the CDJ2000nexus. 

If you are already using a high-performance USB drive (the most expensive aren't always the best), you should be okay on that end, but it may simply be the amount / speed you're spinning the jog. Try doing it a bit slower and you'll find better results.

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

can you give any recommendations regarding the best USB for playing with CDJs?

michael pfeiffer 0 votes

Go with a recognized brand-name, but stay away from anything that looks like it's for office-use. Personally, I use a Patriot RAGE XT USB2.0 drive and it performs great (the USB3.0 version of this drive can be found for around $35USD for the 32GB model). See my old(ish) post about flash drives here.

The important thing is that the controller chip used is of a good quality. Read user reviews before purchasing.

Pulse 0 votes