Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

[SOLVED] Can I transfer my playlists made with rekordbox in my pendrive to rekorbox again?

I have a pendrive with all my playlists, but I delete all the collection and I didn´t make a backup.

Can I use the pendrive to import all my playlists back to rekordbox??

Best

Paco

Post is closed for comments.

10 comments

Have you only removed the files from your collection or did you delete the songs from your source drive as well?

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

I removed the files form my collection and I deleted the songs from my source drive, but.. I have a copy of the songs I deleted.

Paco 0 votes

Okay, give me a bit to type up the instructions for you to recover them from the export drive back into your collection. It ain't pretty, but it's functional. ;)

Pulse 0 votes

If you had previously made a backup you could simply restore it, but getting the music from your USB device back to the collection is possible, it's just not easy. The database / songs you have exported to your USB device are now orphaned as you have deleted their original location in the collection. So the first step is to get them back into your collection.

These instructions are for a Mac so I'll use terms like "Finder" but they work the same on Windows computer, you'll just use the "Explorer" instead (and I don't mean Internet Explorer).

1. Close rekordbox.
  2. Connect your USB drive with the previously-exported songs / playlists.
  3. Open the Finder and navigate to the USB drive.
  4. Open the Contents folder and you will see a list of folders by artist name.
  5. Open another Finder window and navigate to your Music folder (or where you would like to transfer the music TO).
  6. In the USB drive window, select all (Command+A on Mac, or CTRL+A on PC).
  7. Drag-and-drop the folders from the USB window to the Music window. The music will be copied from the USB drive back to your computer (or other destination), and may take a while depending on the number of songs to transfer.
  8. Once the transfer is complete, open rekordbox.
  9. Select File > Import > Import Folder
  10. Find the folder you just put all that music into (do not OPEN the folder, simply select it) and click the OPEN button at the bottom-right.
  11. Your music will be imported into rekordbox and it will analyse the tracks.

Unfortunately you’ll have to manually rebuild the playlists, but the good thing is you can have two windows open side-by-side within rekordbox to be able to see the playlist on the device and the playlist locally to be able to match the two.

Before you re-export songs to that USB drive again, you should format it and wipe it clean to start from scratch.

Like I said, this isn't the prettiest solution, but at least you get your music back into your computer.

Pulse 0 votes

Ohh Thanks, but may be there is a miss understanding. I have a copy of all the files, and my problem is that I have to re-cue all the songs… 

The question is.. can I recover the memory and cue points from the pen drive??

Thanks.

Paco 0 votes

If you re-add the music to your collection and it is in the original location, it MAY identify them as being the same song and if you right-click on the playlist on the USB device you can select "Import Playlist" -- if that works, you won't need to re-cue anything. If it doesn't work because it says that the playlist is blank or doesn't exist, then you will likely need to manually re-cue.

Pulse 0 votes

Again, the best bet is to backup ... or simply not delete your collection. ;)

Pulse 0 votes

Thanks for your help. It doesn´t work.. but should be great If engineers could solve this! :)

Paco 0 votes

Unfortunately it has to do with matching unique IDs for tracks in your library to those on your export device; if you try and rebuild your library from the exported tracks, they are no longer matching.

My recommendation is to either store your database with your music (possibly externally), make a backup regularly, or simply not delete your collection. ;)

Pulse 0 votes