Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

[OPEN] Updating "Related Tracks" in Rekordbox.

0) Have you read the "READ ME FIRST" thread in its entirety AND TRIED THE SOLUTIONS THERE before posting: No, it's too long and don't really need help OR Yes, I swear it!  Yes

1) Operating System: OSX Yosemite 10.10.2

2) OS Type: 32bit

3) rekordbox version: 3.2.0

4) Using LINK: Yes

4a) LINK Connection method: Linksys SE 1500

4b) Using with CDJs: Yes

5) Hard drive / Flash drive / SD card file system:

5a) Does the device have multiple partitions:

5b) If it's a flash drive, is it a U3 device:

5c) With what utility did you format the device:

6) Have you scanned your files for errors: Yes

7) Have you scanned your drive for errors: No

8) Is rekordbox crashing at all: No

8a) If crashing, is it resulting in:

8b) If not crashing, are there any error messages: No

9) Are you able to repeat / reproduce the problem: Yes

9a) If yes, can you do it consistently: Yes

10) Does the problem occur with one specific song: No

10a) If yes, please post a link to it:

11) Any other notes regarding your setup only:

12) Provide as much detail of the issue here:

I have 2X CDJ-2000 1st gen and a DJM-900 Nexus.  Everything links up perfectly and works fine.

However, I have noticed:

When I load a track using my computer or on the CDJ, the “related tracklist” does not update.  I have to go into my library and search for the song and then click on the song to get an updated “related tracklist.”

I want the related tracklist to update automatically, against the song I just loaded.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

-Jim

jamboe

Please sign in to leave a comment.

14 comments

You need to confirm the criteria -- it could be that rekordbox 3.2 changed some of the settings for the related tracks. Open the panel and click the gear icon and confirm the settings:

Screen Shot 2015-02-21 at 9.05.33 PM.png

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

It isn't the settings. I tried it again tonight. When you load a track when using a laptop as your music source, the related tracks list does not update. You have to double click the track to get related tracks to update.

This might be more of a feature request. When I drag the track onto the icon, I want the list to update.

And/also/or

When I use the CDjs to search and load a track, it would be nice to have the list update as well.

As of right now, the only way is by double clicking the track.

jamboe 0 votes

Maybe you should choose "Current Track" ---> "List" instead "Player A" ? Did that help?

Anastasio 0 votes

No, But I think everything is okay.  I can work around it.

When loading from the collection (LIST) the "related tracks" list updates when you GRAB onto the track, not when you are loading it.

When loading from the "Related Tracks" list (Player A), it does not update when you grab the track.  It also does not update when you LOAD the track.   I can, however, simply double click the track I just loaded, to get an updated list.

in a way this makes sense, because if you changed your mind or accidentally grabbed a track you didn't want, your list would switch.  Maybe this is just a performance safety feature.

jamboe 0 votes

It should update when you load the track (if set to "Current Track: Player A") without any additional clicking (at least that's how I expect it should work).

Pulse 0 votes

It definitely does not work that way on my setup.  I could shoot a quick video if you'd like.     I have the settings set up (as described above) for the related tracks list.  Loading the track does not update the list.  The only way is by double clicking the track in the related tracks pane.

jamboe 0 votes

Okay made the video.

1) I show settings

2) I show what a single click does on the "Related Tracks plane" (no update)

3) I drag and drop a file to a cdj (no update)

4) I play the track on the CDJ (no update)

5) I double click on the track already loaded (Update)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1QO5_YcEek

jamboe 0 votes

I understand now -- you do know "Player A" refers to the playback deck within the software, right? ;)

Pulse 0 votes

I did not know that.  But I'm still confused, what is "current track"?

And actually, it doesn't matter what the settings are set to (i.e. set on "current track" or "Player A"), when I load a track, the "related tracks" pane doesn't update.  I have to double click/play the track in the software to get it updated.

What i want is for the pane to update when the track becomes loaded onto the player, or at least, after i push play on the player.  I would also like it to update when I load a track using the player.

Am I correct in assuming it simply cannot do this?

jamboe 0 votes

@jamboe > The related track suggestions are ONLY for tracks playing within the software. It has nothing to do with loading a track to a CDJ. Yes, you must load the track in order for the suggestions to get updated.

Pulse 0 votes

"It has nothing to do with loading a track to a CDJ"

LOL!  Then this is a feature request!'

I'd like the update to happen automatically when the track loads onto the cdj.  Actually, it would be best if it happened after loading onto cdj and i've pressed play.  Is this possible?  I know RB isn't like Traktor in that dual communication sense...

jamboe 0 votes

If you have the configuration set to LIST, it will automatically show you the compatible tracks without having to load them to a player at all. So basically, that covers your request.

Pulse 0 votes