Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

1 follower Follow

Removed 400 or so comments from tracks and lost file path

Help is there an easy way to re-find the path of a load of MP3's ? I used 'Get Info' in iTunes on a batch of tracks to remove nonsense info - this has caused Rekordbox to lose the path when using the reload tags option :-(

Richie

Please sign in to leave a comment.

14 comments

Did you change anything about the artist or album? That would have moved the file location if iTunes is set to manage your files.

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Yes I think that option is set although I've always been told this is the best way around? I can't find the menu now.

Richie 0 votes

Good golly no, that's the worst thing you can do -- as you just noticed, iTunes will move files at its whim!

Look under the Advanced tab of the Settings:

Screen_Shot_2015-02-26_at_1.46.48_PM.png

Pulse 0 votes

Unfortunately you'll have to relocate the files manually, or if you use the iTunes sync, simply re-sync using the manager.

Pulse 0 votes

Hmmm My settings > Advanced Tab doesn't show that tick box?

Richie 0 votes

Hrm, that was on the Mac, may be in a different place on PC? Are you running the latest version?

Pulse 0 votes

FYI - that Advanced tab I was referring to was within iTunes.

Pulse 0 votes

It's been a long day! I've un-ticked in iTunes now. Hopefully this will save me some trouble in the future!

Thanks 

Richie 0 votes

Were you able to start relocating them within rekordbox or did you use the sync manager?

Pulse 0 votes

I re-located the tracks manually - I can't believe changing that tick box in iTunes has made my life so much easier!! I've easily amended thousands of files since. It was someone on the NI forums who told me to use it in reverse when I had a short term relationship with an S8. 

Richie 0 votes