Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

[SOLVED] Avoid sub-folders

Sorry to bother i guess there must be a thousand posts like this one but i didn't find any so:

is there anyway to avoid recordbox putting all the songs into this r*t*rd*d sub-sub-sub-sub-sub-sub-sub-....(3 days later)....-subfolder system?

I mean seriously if for any reason I have to use other hardware at a gig the stick is just unusable...

yuwi shukka

Post is closed for comments.

7 comments

so you're using rekordbox to export to a drive and then browsing folders on the CDJ?

this could be why you are finding no posts, if so, you are doing this all wrong. 

Please explain your workflow and equipment and we can help make it easy for you. you should be using playlists and browsing by that, you don't use folders unless you are trying to avoid using RB all together

BriChi 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

If you read his comment he states "if for any reason I have to use other hardware at a gig the stick is just unusable..."

So say he has a rekordbox exported usb stick but rolls up to an event with say denon cdjs... browsing the stick through the sub folders would be hard I take it.

David Hicks 0 votes

No no no :) I'll explain what happened:

I had this gig and there were two rooms, when first asked they told us there would be 3 pionner players. Than on the day of the event we find out that 2 of those players will be migrating to the other room. So i contact another DJ who was playing on the same stage as me to bring his player, and he told me he would.

As i was about to leave the house I asked myself: do you take a LAN cable? Nah man don't take those people for morons. As you recall 3 players so normally 3 cables at the place plus the one my buddy was bringing along with his player, more than enough you'd think...

Turned out there was just the one LAN cable that connected the players in the other room. Now i could have used one of the midi controllers they had. But with all the tracks packed so unergonomically I would have been unable to do some transitions which involve me loading a track in under 16 bars. Only alternative was "unpacking" them all by finding the parts of the playlist and putting them in a separate folder, on stage, on a mac (which I'm really not used to)

yuwi shukka 0 votes

yeah, then that sucks, I agree. 

I guess one way around it is to have your music organized on the external (if big enough) and RB can create the library based on the tracks being on the external. Then you still have your folder structure you want "IF" you had to browse by folders on another brands player

BriChi 0 votes

organizing them as one folder per playlist would be perfect for my intents alltough i do realize it could cause doubles if you sort your music another way i do

yuwi shukka 0 votes

Oh thank you I'll look in to that (at least i know what to look for now ;) ) because I just bought a stick big enough to house my whole catalogue and this will not happen to me twice

yuwi shukka 0 votes

Yeah, as noted above, if you want to have the ability to browse your music on another brand device, your best options are to either have a secondary drive, or put everything on one drive big enough to allow for double your collection size.

Pulse 0 votes