This looks a bit shady, but we're looking into which division owns that account (if it's legit).
"@Rekordbox: WIN this Pioneer Nexus DJ setup To enter simply RT this tweet, The winner will be announced Monday 2nd March 2015"
Hey Pioneer, I have a question for you guys. On the 20th of February, the official Rekordbox twitter account tweeted "WIN this Pioneer Nexus DJ setup To enter simply RT this tweet, The winner will be announced Monday 2nd March 2015" and, despite me tweeting them asking if they've declared a winner, I still can't find any results.
Winning a Pioneer Nexus setup would be an absolute dream for most DJs, especially myself, so knowing that somebody has been lucky enough to win it would be pretty sweet, even if it's not me.
Could anybody update me on what the situation is please?
Please sign in to leave a comment.
@Pulse: I thought, seeing as their username is Rekordbox, that they would be legit, even without the blue tick.
I would really appreciate if you could find out whether or not the account is legit.
I'll tell you why I think it's bogus...
1) Pioneer never used the word rekordbox with a capital R. All marketing of the rekordbox name is done with a lower-case name.
2) There were no rules for the contest or other legal qualification documents. That alone throws up a massive red flag for me.
3) The photo taken of the platinum system was at the NAMM show. I know they're not giving that system away, so why not use one of the stock images with a plain background?
3) The duration of the contest was 2 weeks and garnished under 7000 retweets but nowhere near that many new followers. If the retail value of that system is around $7000, they paid $1/tweet to advertise a contest. Their money would be better invested in a proper ad-buy if they were looking to gain followers.
4) Their account was started in April and the bio is pretty bare, as compared to other official Pioneer accounts.
Regardless, Pioneer is officially looking in to whose account this is.
So my suspicion was confirmed; that account was a fraudulent account and has since been shut down by Pioneer's legal team.
Sorry if they got your hopes up! Sometimes when something's too good to be true, that's just what it is.
I didn't think you guys would be as "on it" as you are. I'm really impressed, Pulse. Thank you for such a great response.
Out of curiosity, do you guys ever host any competitions? I'd love to have the chance to upgrade my DDJ-SX to some CDJs, but definitely wont have the money any time soon, so managing to bink a competition would be awesome.
Yeah, that was a bit of a surprise as to how fast it came down!
Pioneer does occasionally have contests, it's been a while since we've had one here on the forums, perhaps it's time for another.
I thought that too! Hopefully you guys get the official account up and running soon. I hope I get a follow for pointing this out. ;-)
Thank you for the fast response.
Where do you think the most likely place a competition will be held online? As in, Twitter, Facebook, here, all social media platforms, etc.
@Rickie > Most likely a contest would be regional rather than global, so you may want to follow a social media account in your neck of the woods (eg. https://twitter.com/pioneerdj is listed as the Pioneer DJ USA account.)