Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

[CLOSED] After going through Rekordbox, my tracks skip and jump.

I have been downloading all of my music for free from a YouTube converter and some tracks jump and skip once loaded on my xdj Aero but only after they have been through rekord box. If i only download them straight to my usb then they are fine.

DJZ DJZ

Post is closed for comments.

13 comments

I'm thinking that maybe its because of adverts or something on YouTube but some tracks work and some fuck up. Its like they loop back a few seconds! So ive resulted to trawling through Sound Cloud for free downloads lol Ill see if that works when i get home :)

DJZ DJZ 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

heres a crazy thought, what happens if you actually buy a track legally and then try it? 

BriChi 0 votes

not trying to be an ass, just saying you're going to get no help from Pioneer on tracks that are not legally obtained. 

convert them in iTunes and then try again, downloading from youtube using some free crappy converter does not help the situation at all. I couldn't even imagine doing this as a professional DJ

BriChi 0 votes

Youve lost me?!! What you mean....actually....buy a track??? God i nearly fainted!! Well i want to make sure i can get all of my stuff working first. Hopefully all of these FREE downloads should work then ill know its the YouTube things.

DJZ DJZ 0 votes

Ok ill buy some from JUNO but do i need to use itunes at all for this SYN button thing to work?

DJZ DJZ 0 votes

no you do not HAVE to use iTunes, it was just a suggestion on where you can buy tracks legally using a good converter and source. You're trying to use tracks that are converted by random people who most likely have no clue what they are doing. 

you can use iTunes to convert the failing track, this will make a fresh encoded track to get rid of any errors there may be, you may lose a little bit of sound quality but i can't see you mining that at this point. then run it through RB and export to use the SYNC feature

BriChi 0 votes

I can't tell if you're trolling or being serious Zak. If you're really just ripping (stealing) all your music from YouTube, than you are a hack and you are one of the major things that are wrong with this business. You aren't a DJ, you're a thief who steals music and bought a controller and a laptop and BAM, "I'm a DJ"....unacceptable. Any true producer or DJ will never respect you since we work so hard to create music professionally as our career, it's how we pay the bills, how we feed our family. You stealing music is taking away from all of that, pay for your music, and have some respect for the craft. If you're just trolling and trying to get people like me heated, than bravo, mission accomplished. Peace n Beats.

~justin time

☆the justin time™ 0 votes

Im not trolling, i just wanted to practice and get to grips with it all before committing. Im sorry if i have deeply offended you. 

DJZ DJZ 0 votes

Zak is it?? Are you SERIOUSLY asking this question? You should legally change your name to HACK because that is what you are! No one should help you with this matter. You deserve to have all of your music skip during ALL of the events that you UNDERCUT your way to get. This is why everyone thinks that being a DJ is a joke now! As a dj for the past 20+ years, it is FAKE ASS, sync button using, human iPods like yourself that has made the DJ industry turn to SHIT!! Do yourself a favor and don't ever call yourself a DJ! A real DJ respects music enough to buy it! Thanks for pissing me off on a Friday morning! Way to go HACK!

Pete 0 votes

It was only for equipment testing, i would of course buy the higher quality audio in the end. Now can you stop having a go?

DJZ DJZ 0 votes

Or you could, you know, support the music industry as a whole right from the start.

Sorry, Pioneer will not provide assistance with troubleshooting illegally obtained music.

Pulse 0 votes