Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 followers Follow

3.0 Sync manager, checking playlist takes a long time to load

I use sync manager a lot, in 3.0 now, with about 125 playlists, every time I go to sync the sync manger says “Checking Playlists” for over a minute where as in 2.2.4, it checks this immediately and syncs within seconds. Will this be improved?  It wastes a lot of time every time i plug a drive in to sync my folders quickly

I have 2 drives that i use one is a WD 500 gig and one is maxtor 500 Gig it does it on both of them. It sits for a while and gets me nervous since I mostly use my external to run RB

Marc Bauman

Post is closed for comments.

19 comments

yes!!  i am glad someone else has this issue also, I see this also and was about to report it. 

I have about 150 playlists give or take and it takes over 60-70 seconds before my drive is usable too being it's "checking playlists" every time . Older versions never did this

BriChi 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

During testing, we only had one user who repeatedly experienced this problem and engineers were unable to reproduce the issue. I'll see if they need anything from you @Marc to try and replicate it.

Pulse 0 votes

Pulse, I have tried 3 different Macs, all on 10.9.3

same amount of files and playlists, 3 different externals, all USB3 and I get the same slow results with the "checking playlists" box. 

I use the same exact database and file on 2.2.4 and same drives and this works flawlessly so obviously something is up with the sync manager in 3.0

BriChi 0 votes

Pulse, I have counted and have 150 playlists along with 30 folders (my promo only stuff is broken down in folders and playlists by release/year/month)

I do this same exact export in 2.2.4 with the same tracks, hard drive, and database and it is lightning fast to check playlists and sync yet 3.0 takes 1.5 minutes just to check playlists and then syncs, This really sucks when you are in a rush and just want to add a few tracks before you go

I attached an image also of the way i have them set up if the engineers want to see

If they need my laptop files or they want to send me a label to ship my laptop to them to fix this, I am more then willing to help out, this is very frustrating being its my only gripe with 3,0 and making me want to stick with 2.2.4 for syncing 

BriChi 0 votes

I attached a video too, you can see the drive is plugged in and reads tracks and then sits at checking playlists for one monte, I make a small change, go into sync manger to update this change which should take all of 2 seconds like in 2.2.4 but when i click on the arrow to sync, again, it sits at checking playlists for another full minute, sometimes longer

BriChi 0 votes

Hi Guys I just finished worked last night and when I woke up this morning I added a couple of cues to some songs and wanted to sync my drive up again.

Once I connect my drive in 3.0 it takes about a Min and a half to read and then allows me to sync where as when I connect it in 2.4 it is instant. 

There is def some kind of bug that has me concerned when sync my drive. Any idea what we can do to resolve this matter.

Marc Bauman 0 votes

Marc, there really is nothing we can do unfortunately other then select like 10 playlists to sync vs "all" 150 or so but obviously that is not the answer. The engineers need to fix this bug. 

I even started a fresh start, 

Renamed both PIONEER folders and reopened 3.0, blank start

imported all 30k tracks yesterday and let them analyze overnight, added my promo only folder/playlist to RB keeping the same tree structure so a bunch of playlists and a bunch of folders and added my main playlists so figure roughly  30 folders, 100 playlists and got the same exact results so this does not have anything to do with an older database being use in 3.0, it was a fresh start.

Hopefully Pioneer can comment on this soon so we know there is hope. 

2 other friends of mine have the same issue, was working with them yesterday to time it out and they get the same results. I am not sure how the engineers cannot reproduce this being clearly this is reproducible being 5 people within a day of release all have this problem

BriChi 0 votes

This release is full of glitches. The windows for the sync manage get stuck open, right clicking on devices windows gets stuck open, most other windows get stuck open and require multiple clicking in order for it to respond. I have no idea if the tracks are being synced to my devices or not because every time I click on anything it just opens up a window and stays open until I close Rekordbox completely. 

Aaron Broesky 0 votes

I see this too where during a sync I cannot close the sync manager window at times.

BriChi 0 votes

I am having the same problem.  I have approx. 125 Playlists it takes way to long to sync.  I always thing the program is going to crash. 

Brian Sabella 0 votes

I'm not sure if or how it is related except for the full of glitches part. I find the analyzing function is very slow compared to the 2.0.4 version and it seems to get stuck on some tracks. The 3.0 version also isn't able to read my iTunes .xml and it doesn't import my m3u playlists. If the issue would have to do with the stated difference in .m3u and .xml contents (Not all playlists are created equal; some are local reference and some are absolute reference. If it's problematic, import tracks directly instead or re-build your playlist files.) then why don't I have any problem with it in the earlier version? Where is the change list that explains it? Re-building playlist files is not an option. I'd rather switch the 900NXS for normal 900's, spend the leftover money on an SL2 and keep working with Serato (Now DJ instead of Live). Pioneer needs some understanding of workflows already developed.

It seems I'm not the only DJ that has searched for and found a solution for a quick-action-right-before-the-gig. Rekordbox 3.0 does not fulfill that need, sorry to say because the layout upgrade, by the looks and feel of it when I use it to play a set (it reads the 2.0.3 database without the iTunes bridge), it feels like an improvement.

So keep up the good work but please be quick with the update that makes it all work again.....

ShonkaiDJ 0 votes

I have the feeling the KUVO connection (of which I don't know what it does even if I want to keep my playlists private because I have to be logged in always) may be the bug creator. It is the only real new feature and it likes to work with playlists and actual tracks. What does KUVO do exactly on my network I/O?

ShonkaiDJ 0 votes

yeah, that pretty much has nothing to do with this thread, maybe start a new one so the Pioneer guys can see it

BriChi 0 votes

Well, Brichi, I just tried finding a way to delete my comments from this thread considering your insight in the topic but I can't....  :-( Sorry....

But! The positive side is that I don't see how it does not have anything to do with the thread as a whole...I hope (and believe) the pioneer guys are inspired enough by the title to look into the whole thread and pioneer guys; if you think my comments have no place here. please delete them for the sake of a clean thread. Thank you!

(And thank you BriChi for pointing things out ;-)  )

ShonkaiDJ 0 votes

SKDJ, I just saw you posted about tracks not analyzing right (already another thread about this), iTunes XML and import issues. The main point in this thread alone was when I use SYNC Manager, it takes a long time. 

They can stay here, It doesn't matter to me, I was just saying that from experience on the forum if you have an issue like iTunes.xml file not being read, it would be better in its own thread instead of mixed in with one about sync manager being slow

BriChi 0 votes

In another thread 'Pulse' pointed out to me that there are other people reporting problems with .xml files. I may have not read your comment in this thread well enough and was especially referring to Aaron Broesky who noticed 3.0 to be full of glitches.

The common denominator seems to be comparing database data to the actual music (media) files. And then I suddenly thought hey: there is a complete new module in this peace of software that is also relying on the database file's data. KUVO. Trying to do that Online (where pioneers advice is not to work over a internet enabled network). In most software packages that means that requests are sent but replies don't arrive. All concerning (our) my most precious data: my playlist. To start with the History playlists that -I think I understand- wants to publish itself online while I'm playing.

Unanswered data requests are very commonly slowing things down to a humanly noticeable slowness. That why I thought to mention it here. I hope I will be proven wrong though. It may be a lot simpler and that would be in our advantage. Things being slow or full stop can often have the same cause but happen on different systems.

ShonkaiDJ 0 votes

sounds good man, hopefully Pioneer rectifies all these issues soon. I know some people are already back on 2.2.4

BriChi 0 votes

I love how you guys claim it to be "full of glitches" yet there are MANY new features and additions to the program over the v2 itterations ... which has been re-written from the ground-up. And 2.2.x had its own share of issues. And not everyone is having the same set of issues... example: the users complaining about audio not playing and the problem was their soundcard being configured to play at 192,000Hz instead of 44,100Hz. There are a bunch of users who are quite happy with the changes and updates!

That said, the engineers are working hard to address ALL the issues reported by users. If you want to have your voice heard, PLEASE START A NEW THREAD. Don't piggyback on someone else's thread because it will either get missed or ignored, even if the issue is a "me too." Instead, link over to that thread within your own post!

I'm closing this thread for the fact it's become a rant thread, plus I've already pointed the engineers to this issue.

Pulse 0 votes