Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

6 followers Follow

[CLOSED] Error C658 with Rekordbox 3.0

Hi there,

I just downloaded the new version of Rekordbox, 3.0, and I encounterd a problem which i knew from the past.

When I link my Rekordbox to my 2x CDJ2000nx and drag a file on one of the players I get an C658 Error. "Media file corrupted or unavailable."

P.S.: dragging local Files onto my playery is working

My music is located on a mapped network drive (windows). With former rekordbox versions, giving everybod permissions to this drive did the trick.

But now with Rekordbox 3.0 this isn't working any more!

I still have Rekordbox 2.2.1 installed aside of 3.0 and with the older version there is no problem.

So it defintiyl has to be an issue with the new version 3.0 which makes me very sad :(

What can I try?

Leonhard

Post is closed for comments.

17 comments

make sure you have granted access via your firewall for incoming / outgoing rekrodbox 3.0 netwrok traffic - it will be blocked otherwise causing your error!

Matt Jackson 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

I did setup a firewall passthrough for rekordbox and prodjlink... Also disables all firewalls. Without success :(

Leonhard 0 votes

Go in "Allowed apps" in firewall settings and allow the follow apps:

edb_streamd

prodj link nfs server

prodj link system manager

rekordbox program file

Also make sure that all this apps are checked on the right box.

Restart.

Anastasio 0 votes

edb_streamd was new for me but unfortuneately it still won't work :/

Leonhard 0 votes

As mentioned in my original post, I'm using a mapped network drive from a windows server to a windows workstation.

The thing is with rekordbox 2.2.1 everything works perfect. But not with 3.0

Even if I disable all firewalls it won't work.

Leonhard 0 votes

I'm getting the same problem. I heard that NFS may be an issue and even tried putting my NAS on a separate VLAN but to no joy. As above it works with all older versions fine.

Thanks

Stephen Austin 0 votes

Sorry I'm using CDJ 900Nexus. I've also tried updating the firmware to 1.2

Stephen Austin 0 votes

I have the exact same problem with 2 x CDJ-2000nexus + DJM-2000nexus.

DSKO 0 votes

Does anyone know how we submit a supportcase with Pioneer?

Stephen Austin 0 votes

Engineers are working on fixing this up for you guys! Look for it in a future rekordbox update.

Pulse 0 votes

I've downloaded 3.0.1 which sounds like it should fix this in the release notes. I'm still having the same issue on CDJ-900NXS devices.

Stephen Austin 0 votes

Follow-up request: are any of you still experiencing problems with this error? If so, please provide answers to the following:

1. Do you get the same error message C658? 
  2. Does this issue occur in any kind of track files? 
  3. What kind of network drive do you use and how it is connected and shared with the computer with rekordbox running? 
  4. What is the size of network drive? 
  5. How do you set the access authority of the network drive? 
  6. If you import and play the file, which gets error on the network drive, in rekordbox instead of on the network drive, can you properly import and play it? 
  7. How do you connect the computer running rekordbox to CDJ-900nexus? Wireless or wired? 
  8. What is the OS version of your computer? 
  9. Do you experience the same issue if you drag and drop the track on the player of rekordbox and browse it on CDJ? 
Pulse 0 votes

Marking this topic as closed due to inactivity and non-response. Should you still require assistance with this matter, please create a new topic and link back to this one for reference.

Pulse 0 votes