Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

5 followers Follow

RekordBox 3.0

I just downloaded the new software I have my original Key when i bought my CDJ 2000 nexus, i can't remember if I set up my email or if i did and or I forgot I can't remember which one or my password. Any suggestions??

Frank Jameson DiFranco

Please sign in to leave a comment.

21 comments

I would just create a new account, I'm sure you have more then 1 email address you can register, also there is a "forgot my password" link you can try and recover it from if you can think of possible emails you used

BriChi 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

nice update ,still carnt believe i carnt save 32 beat loops from the player to rekordbox,i asked for this feature a very long time ago

Rick Jones 0 votes

Thats not what i was asking for ,i would like to be able to create the loops from the cdj 2000 nexus then save them to rekordbox from the cdj,theres a problem when saving loops from the cdjs that it gets the loop length wrong,i contacted pioneer about this along time ago with no luck?

Rick Jones 0 votes

I would think that would need a CDJ update, not RB, It's the CDJ saving the wrong info to the drive. 

BriChi 0 votes

I havnt got access to CDJ's at the moment, but the RB track analysis seems to be quite accurate now.

Im hoping that if the CDJ's receive accurate information they might create an accurate loop.... a glimmer of hope is there!

Tom Easterfield 0 votes

I can probably test on mine tomorrow after work. Ill report back

you guys are setting a 32 beat loop on the Nexus and then hitting memory to save it (or saving it in a hot cue ABC)? then when you transfer that to RB to the local library from the usb drive it is off?

BriChi 0 votes

Loops to abc from cdj 2000 nexus then press memory it seems to mess up on the higher loops 32 saves as 16 or 8 beat loops,,, 16 beat loops saves as 8 beat loops also sometimes,thanks for getting back to me,this seems to be something that should of been sorted along time ago

Rick Jones 0 votes

(We should start a new topic with this really, but;)

Hi Rick, you are probably aware of this, but RB will only save the loop that was created with IN/OUT or from LOOP MODE selection.

It will not save an adjusted loop if you adjusted it using 1/2x LOOP 2x buttons.

So if you create an 8 beat loop then use the LOOP 2X to double it, the original 8 beat loop would still be saved.

It would be nice if larger loops were focused on more, as they are a lot more practical in day to day mixing. (and they stay in time much longer!)

How often do you need to set a 1/16th loop?

Tom Easterfield 0 votes

Small loops sound stupid and very toyish don't really understand why so much focus is on them I've been doing for 25 years and only really use 4 beat to 64 beat loops,hope they can get focused on more in the future

Rick Jones 0 votes

small loops are more than justified, its all down to what kind of music you are mixing i guess... ive never needed anything more than 16 beat loop... however, a well placed 4 or 8 beat is my staple due to the music i play... shorter the loop, less chance of creep!

try mixing 80s soul on a 64 or 32 beat loop... let alone 16 or 8... in many cases 4 is spot on :)  

Matt Jackson 0 votes

The fact of the matter is that we should ALL be catered for,We all have different needs tools we require,I find small loops not very musical,The same goes for a lot of music being released these days,Why stop at 8  or 16 beat loops 16 32 and 64 should be on the menu

Rick Jones 0 votes

Just as a test i created a 16 beat loop, quantized, then plugged the drive into RB and "updated collection" and the loop saved to the track locally and played perfect. Not sure if that helps you guys out

I couldn't set and save a 32 from loop mode but if I hit IN and then out for a 32 beat, same outcome, saved and played in RB perfect after I updated the collection

BriChi 0 votes

Don't be fooled sometimes 16 beat loops save as 8 beat loops

Rick Jones 0 votes

I have noticed it will save the original loop not the edited so if i set initially an 8 beat loop and then change it on the fly to 16 and save, it saves it as 8 not the edited 16

BriChi 0 votes