Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

8 followers Follow

[SOLVED] Rekordbox 3.0 - No scrolling function?

1 - As the title suggests, i cannot use the scroll wheel whilst the cursor lies above the playlists.

2 - After finishing installing the new rekordbox, the old one still remained there. It didn't ask me if i want to uninstall it.

Now i have both of them. What would be the best way to delete the old one and not damaging my collection or something?

OS - Windows 7 Ultimate

A little suggestion: while navigating through the folders and playlists on the left hand side of the screen, if a playlist is selected and the right arrow key is pressed, the program should switch to "inside playlist navigation", letting us browse through the tracks contained in that playlist. I find this very useful.

Marian Eugen

Post is closed for comments.

24 comments

1) Which scroll wheel?

2) You can run 2.x alongside 3.x until such time as 3.x modifies the database in a manner that 2.x can no longer read it. It is safe to uninstall 2.x, your database will remain untouched.

3) The arrow key works for me (at least on a Mac). I have the folder selected and I press the right arrow - the folder opens and I'm at the first playlist within that folder. Did you perhaps assign the right arrow to a keyboard shortcut?

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Thanks for taking the time to answer!

1) The pc's touchpad scroll "wheel". Does nothing when above the playlist or the left tree. Selected that region previously.

The touchpad is ok. It works when scrolling within web pages.

3) Yes, the arrow keys work the way you say. What i wanted to suggest is that when that first playlist is selected, pressing the right arrow key once again would select the first track in that playlist, and so letting us browse within that playlist using the arrow keys without previously selecting one of the tracks using the cursor. That would be a nice small addition. The same for the left arrow key, only with a reverse effect.

Marian Eugen 0 votes

1) Scrolling over anything with more than one screen-length works fine on Mac, I'll have to fire up Windows to test it.

3) I'd personally prefer that my selection stayed within the selected area rather than moving back and forth with L/R keyboarding. Currently, L and R within the tree on the left allow you to expand and collapse the tree. If it were to jump over to the other pane, that would break UI norms.

Pulse 0 votes

I can confirm that scrolling in windows land doesn't appear to work with Rekordbox 3, works fine in 2.

The scroll icon comes up, but the application does not respond.

HTH

drclaw 0 votes

Maybe the possibility to assign key shortcuts to every pane, one of them being the browser?

Marian Eugen 0 votes

having the same issue, windows 7 64 bit. scroll strip on side of laptop touch pad does not work in recordbox, but it works fine in other programs such as my web browser , microsoft word etc.  thank you for the response Pulse!

syncroNot 0 votes

I was racking my brains over this also..  I found that if you click on a Star Rating on a track, you have to hit the ENTER/RETURN key to come out of editing the rating, and return to being able to scroll up/down.

Zac James 0 votes

Engineers are working to address this issue. Thanks for your patience!

@Zac > That actually makes sense; you won't be scrolling around while still in "edit mode" for a field.

Pulse 0 votes

@Pulse - In v2, that wasn't the case. Just clicking away with the mouse would take you out of edit mode.

Zac James 0 votes

@Zac > Would that store any changes made to the stars after you clicked out?

Pulse 0 votes

Hi, has any progredd been made with that issue? Using win 7 x64.

I've just updated to 3.0.1 and it still does the same thing...

Thanks!

Philippe Girard 0 votes

I can confirm this issue still exists in 3.0.1 - Win7 x64.

As before, the scroll wheel icon comes up when I scroll, but no action occurs. Can page up / page down, use arrows to navigate, but the scroll button has no impact.

drclaw 0 votes

The same here. I still cannot scroll using my pc's touchpad.

Working if i use a regular mouse!

The touchpad is fine! It works with any other applications!

Marian Eugen 0 votes

I have the same problem with 3.0.1 - Win7 x64.

This is actually quite annoying while you have to use the panels in the right bar to scroll in your library. I have tested the issue on a Lenovo T410s using both Ultra-nav and Touchpad - Seems nothing is working. Still it works in Rekord Box 2.x.x versions. 

If I use a regular external mouse Logitech MX performance it works. 

Touchpad and ultra-nav works in any other applications!

I will not start using 3.0.1 again before this issue has been fixed. This is definitely a performance downgrade so far! 

Kasper Højbjerg Hansen 0 votes

Rekordbox 3.0.2

A new update was released - the scrolling problem is still there!

Windows 7, 32 bit

Marian Eugen 0 votes

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

I cannot seem to regenerate the mentioned flaw with a usb connected mouse. Scrolling does _not _work for me on the laptops touchpad. Mousewheel on the laptop gives me no problems.

(HPXW8600 & HPNX9420)

ShonkaiDJ 0 votes

This had been put forward to the engineers; I've opened another ticket to let them know it's still an issue.

Pulse 0 votes

The engineers apologize for the inconvenience and note that this will be addressed in the next release of rekordbox.

Pulse 0 votes