Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

1 follower Follow

Rekordbox 3.2.1 Crashing when using small Play button on Artwork

Please fix this issue, it happens on 2 different machines windows 8 both i7 processors 16gb memory. When using the play button on the artwork to preview/skip through tracks via a djm-2000 cue link recordbox will crash, killing the set and requiring a restart!!

Doesn't happen all the time but enough to be a real pain! It has happened in previous releases of version 3 too.

HELP!

Gary Mac

Please sign in to leave a comment.

16 comments

Hi Pulse,

I've not seen it do it with link disabled, but TBH I only ever use this feature with cue/link enabled via the djm-2000

Have tried to get it to crash this morning without link enabled but would not crash.

Thanks

Gary Mac 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Thanks @Gary, I'll pass this along to the rekordbox team to see if they can replicate it. Can you let me know which firmware you're running on the DJM-2000?

Pulse 0 votes

Thanks Gary - can you please send the latest crash log from C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Pioneer\rekordbox\crashes ?

Pulse 0 votes

Hi Pulse,

There is nothing in it, it is empty!

This is a new install, this install has crashed in the way we are talking twice in the past week, but nothing in this folder?

I've checked the other i7 that has crashed over 20 times in the past few months and have attached the file

Thanks

Gary Mac 0 votes

That looks like the database file (ending in .edb), it could be that the software is crashing the process before it can write the log. Let me get back to you...

Pulse 0 votes

@Gary > The engineers agreed that the file you provided is a database file, not a crash log. They have asked the following questions:

1. Did the message "Unexpected Application Error" appear when crashing? 
  2. How many samples do you select for the buffer size? Please find it from Preferences - Audio – Buffer size. 
  3. When the cursor is moved away from an artwork after clicking the Artwork button for preview, the track preview will stop. This is a normal behavior. Do you call this behavior a crash?
Pulse 0 votes

Hi Pulse,

Q1. Rekordbox freezes, the blue cursor spins round next to mouse pointer, then once I click the 'x' to close rekordbox the unexpected error appears and windows looks for a fix, I'll also add that when rekordbox is frozen/locked up the players continue to play but the application is locked up.

Q2. Set to default I believe, 480 Samples

Q3. When the lockup occurs the cursor is on the play button on the artwork, a click to skip through causes the crash, same on both of my i7 machines.

Thanks...

Gary Mac 0 votes

@Gary > The engineers believe they may have isolated the issue but can't replicate it. Would you be able to send a few of the tracks that caused the freeze so that they might test it on their end?

Pulse 0 votes

Hi Pulse,

I'm sorry I have no idea which tracks have caused the software to crash, I can tell you I only buy from Traxsource?

As I'm normally previewing tracks I can't remember which ones caused it :(

Gary Mac 0 votes

If you happen to come across any it would be of great help to the engineers.

Pulse 0 votes

Requesting a follow-up on this issue before I mark it as closed due to inactivity.

Pulse 0 votes

It hasn't happened again for me to report, that's all the info I can provide? 

Gary Mac 0 votes

Well, until it happens again... not much the engineers can do to try and sort it out. I'll leave this thread open but close the ticket with the engineers, if it happens again, just comment here again.

Pulse 0 votes