Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

6 followers Follow

Rekordbox 3.0 has KILLED my 2 SD cards!

Hi Guys

Please HELP!!!

i have recently upgraded to rekordbox 3.0 and have added a few new songs to my playlists, i have then tried to export this to my SD cards but rekordbox freezes or comes up saying there is an error exporting.

this had made both of my SD cards not work in cdjs properly and only has half of my music on them! 

please help me guys! i need toplay out this weekend but currently i am not able to due to this issue!!!

thanks

tom

Tom Broughton

Please sign in to leave a comment.

18 comments

@Tom > What exactly is the error message?

Have you tried reformatting the cards and then fully exporting again?

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

yes have tried formatting both cards one will not format at all since rekordbox 3.0 got hold of it one i had to wipe using a windows laptop  then again with my mac...the only thing i have done with the sd cards are export my library to them.

error is "error exporting tracks"

Tom Broughton 0 votes

And since reformatting them, do they work properly? Are you able to export?

Pulse 0 votes

Does it happen with any track in particular or all tracks? Can you provide one of the tracks you're having troubles exporting?

Pulse 0 votes

Hi,

I have the same problem. It also killed an 64 GB USB stick!

When i try to export, it starts exporting, but then suddenly there's an export error, without a code or any reference. So i cannot relate to a problem. So when I try export it again, RB asks me to combine the playlists and then it continues like nothing happened. Then, a bit later, it stops again saying there is an export problem. Exporting again and it continues. I have no idea where it stops, it looks totally variable.

Hope you can solve this.

With regards,

Dennis Pijpers

Dennis Pijpers 0 votes

Error came from the OS Maverick because of Indexing the SD and keep it busy.

what you have to do just go settings/Spotlight/Privacy/ then Add your SD to the list. 

if you are not doing this everytime u insert ur SD the OS Maverick will try to index it.

Hope this will help you

Cheers

DJ Rimy 0 votes

@DJ Rimy > That's a good point.

As a question to the other users who have complained about corrupt devices - which operating system are you using?

Pulse 0 votes

Even Windows has indexing features, I wonder if that's to blame...

Pulse 0 votes

I have the exact same problem. I have a macbook pro from 2010 and i use USB pen.

When I exported a playlist with 28 tracks there was no problem but when i tried to export a "larger playlist" 100> tracks it stopped after a while. I kept trying to sync the playlist and Rekordbox exports around 20 tracks and then stops again. 

Is there a limit as for how many tracks a playlist can include when exporting?

Emil Hägglund 0 votes

I am having the same issue. I have a playlist call "ALL", that I export my entire collection on, its currently just a bit below 800 tracks, it keep failing around 54% mark.

Smaller playlists of 30 or less seem to work, though I have not tried them all.

I also get the weird deleting tracks message another user posted in a separate column.

Win7 64 bit. Rekordbox 3.0.1.

This did not happen on the earlier 2.x version.

Tony Higgins 0 votes

I have clean formatted both a USB stick and an SD card, both same issue, so its not the stick/card.

Tony Higgins 0 votes

ugh wish I had an edit button. Where are the logs? Will there be more than "error exporting", I mean more information, that's a very generic error message.

Tony Higgins 0 votes

Guys just make sure that all the songs in the collection got waveform in the preview field, if try to re-analyze the track that doesn't have waveform, i did this and after that i can syn all my playlists and cue points on my SD64GB. I think this happened when i upgrade my macbook to the new one and imported all my collection to it. so try it and let me if it works with u.

good luck

DJ Rimy 0 votes

I could not find a track without a waveform. But I re-analyzed all of them anyway (800), it now appears to work.

I also re-did all the keys.

Seems to export fine now.

Maybe you can add ann error message to tell people which track needs to be analyzed again.

Tony Higgins 0 votes

I also re-did all the tracks. Removed them from the library and added them again. Seems to be working fine now.

Tracks that are analysed with a previous version of Rekordbox seems to be the problem. 

Emil Hägglund 0 votes

Ok, what was the fix here? I did what REMY said, but my SD Card is still now showing in Rekordbox (3.1). Anything else i could do beside stop indexing the SD Card. It doesn't seem to help. 

Daniel 0 votes